shizzzon

Um... a 750wrms 8"?

BigJon riled up with only 8 posts. lol. congrats Phantom. new record.

(All love Jon)

tumblr_lsq2drGkur1qa0ksn_zps56d578ee.gif

oh looky there MR phantomz learned how to use the negative button!

keep marking this shit negative ill shit on all your post.

I'm mobile I must have accidentally hit it my apologies

oh looky there MR phantomz learned how to use the negative button!

keep marking this shit negative ill shit on all your post.

I'm mobile I must have accidentally hit it my apologies

Can't neg on mobile

nah fool you know what your doing. i dont care your just setting the tone for your visit here at SSa.

1236686008009.jpg

Think what you want but I honestly don't I'm on full site via s3.

funny how only my post are being marked... and it all started with ME CALLING YOU OUT ON SIDE STEPPING QUESTIONS>

i donno about anyone else but after seeing the way you handle your self i wont buy a fucking thing from you..

25qg3h0.gif

funny how only my post are being marked... and it all started with ME CALLING YOU OUT ON SIDE STEPPING QUESTIONS>

i donno about anyone else but after seeing the way you handle your self i wont buy a pucking thing from you..

That is your choice believe what you want. I honestly have no idea wtf you are taking about again I apologize

Isn't a good thing for customers to have a wide range to choose from?

I don't mind more products for the same application as that usually results to lower prices.

There are so many components that are alike, but does that bother the customer? (it doesn't bother me)

You are correct. What we are trying yo do here is figure out why this on is unique or why we should buy it over anything else. We ate trying to learn about the company, the designer, the man. Does he know anything about driver design or is he like Kevin, just call up a buildhouse in China and slap something together. You get the point.

Actually with our design it is the opposite for the 8. Very few drivers are designed this way the adire brahma rings a bell

Enlighten is please. You've been asked a few times and so far the only thing you've said is it has neo. Do you have a new patented technology like xbl^2?

And Jon, chill, seriously.

This driver us still in testing how are you so sure it does not have a good response?

Better question, how do you know it will have a good one?

How are we following the market with the only neo 8?

If you aren't following then you are a bigger idiot. Who "designs" something they think there is no market for? As for the neo 8 side of it, that is not a benefit. Surely you could explain the reasons why you chose it, in particular if it wasn't for marketing.

Actually with our design it is the opposite for the 8. Very few drivers are designed this way the adire brahma rings a bell

What way is that? Citing an example requires some clarification.

Is that crickets chirping I hear?

Maybe it was too early to publicly announce this, HOWEVER, another forum had already started doing it so what the heck.. 

This is why i do not like hyping up product.

Yea, i posted it but i did not know it was far from ready.

When knew things come out under our name, we aren't showing off anything until right before it hits the market.

Only info i can ever find is on facebook and i HATE facebook's organization.

It's like looking through search results in xml only.

The 8w7 requires more space and weighs more then then ps8 this driver has not hot the market and sq is so subjective one driver may sound good to you but not for another and yes I'm aware that install plays a key roll. When looking for a driver requiring a small amount of space this driver takes it as far as output and sq that is up to the listener and install

This is your idea of a driver designed to excel in small sealed enclosures? 

381183_184345328380979_689191879_n.png

Who cares if the company is following the market or not? The only to care should be Phantom Soundz and or other subwoofer making companies. Calling someone an idiot for not following the market is stupid. Sundown wasn't following the market when they decided to design the surround for the Zv4. But its Sundown right? It MUST work!

If the neo 8 doesnt work out and the company fails then thats on THEM, but they gave it a shot and i aplaud for that for at least trying something slightly diferent.

Who cares if the company is following the market or not? The only to care should be Phantom Soundz and or other subwoofer making companies. Calling someone an idiot for not following the market is stupid. Sundown wasn't following the market when they decided to design the surround for the Zv4. But its Sundown right? It MUST work!

If the neo 8 doesnt work out and the company fails then thats on THEM, but they gave it a shot and i aplaud for that for at least trying something slightly diferent.

Bonerrific response! You should read & comprehend before you type. You managed to flippy floppy responses, see below:

Ding! Yes, something marketable makes sense!

If you aren't following then you are a bigger idiot. Who "designs" something they think there is no market for?

And your other misplaced thought dispelled here:

Car audio has officially gone crazy with the focus on what to innovate next...

...and the response

Idiotic. Seriously, wtf?

As for your trying something new comment, that is laughable too. The driver isn't trying something slightly different. The technology in it is more than 30 years old. Nothing new at all. Just fits ONLY where idiots shop and not something desirable for anyone else. As I already stated there are exceptions, but they are few and far between.

Seriously though, Phantom, you should stick around and discuss. 

Hopefully, Jon's childish posts didn't scare you away.

Sundown was about 20 years late with their surround design, those have came and went as has most of the products on the car audio market.

I fail to see anything new, different or even reasonably necessary with the PS 8" driver.  He says it was designed to work in small enclosures for people with tight spaces, which to me means small sealed enclosures.  But the driver is going to perform horrendously in a sealed enclosure, so there's no use for it there.  It's going to need to be ported, and small low'ishly tuned ported enclosure aren't a great idea if space savings is your goal due to the long port length.  Sure someone could go with a PR, but by the time you account for the space taken up by the PR and the cost of the PR you either aren't going to end up saving much space, or in approximately the same amount of gross space you could have went with a larger driver that is going to outperform it. 

So what exactly is new, or even really useful, about this driver that would cause it to make sense in it's intended application or really any application?  If it actually excelled in small sealed enclosures I could understand the intent....but it doesn't.

It's all over c a co. And their on facebook. Looks like the SA8v.2 has a competitor.

This driver will perform nothing like an SA-8 v.2 ; aside from what the T/S spec tells you the frame design of the SA-8 v.2 allows a wider and more linear suspension.

Not to down the product -- but it is a VERY different speaker than the SA-8 v.2 and they will not directly compete.

The market for small ported box 8s is quite large ; typically customers use 2 or more of the drivers as a single driver ported box is, in fact, quite impractical (not impossible and not unheard of; just a bit impractical).

Edited by sundownz

Sundown was about 20 years late with their surround design, those have came and went as has most of the products on the car audio market.

20 Years ago there wasn't much if anything in regards to a frame or motor that can utilize the excursion provided by such a large surround geometry.

I never claimed to invent the big surround. But we have tooled our own version, paired it with a frame that can handle what the surround allows (as well as a spider that can as well), and attached it to motors that can also drive the cone to high excursion levels. The surround geometry is also designed with even higher excursion linear motors that we have coming down the line in mind.

Klippel testing of the units so far show a very linear CMS curve and real-world in-car testing has shown excellent LF output; which is what customers want.

Edited by sundownz