shizzzon

Um... a 750wrms 8"?

Install, install, install. 

A small sealed box is the only application for an 8. Huge excursion and power handling are idiotic. If you want output use a larger cone.

isn't the goal of car audio companies to make small packages very loud?

i see amps getting smaller and smaller

people doing 145+ off 2 sundown 8's

500 watt rms subs knocking rear view mirrors off

i thought this is the future of car audio

Absolutely not. First off not everyone wants loud. Second, making cone area smaller doesn't at all fit anything you described.

The point of this driver was to have something every one can use a lot of newer cars have space limitations and weighs in at 14lbs so it is a win win for those worried about space and weight. The Preorder price is 225 I have not tested the thermal of this driver yet. My 12'' is 1500 rms and takes well above 1500.

The 8W7 is the king there and can be had for roughly the same price, has a HUGE dealer base for warranty issues, SOUNDS AMAZING, I can go on.  IF you have to have an 8 inch driver with the most output potential, you buy the W7, and it does all needing less power.

The 8w7 requires more space and weighs more then then ps8 this driver has not hot the market and sq is so subjective one driver may sound good to you but not for another and yes I'm aware that install plays a key roll. When looking for a driver requiring a small amount of space this driver takes it as far as output and sq that is up to the listener and install

It weighs 15 lbs, even though the manual states 17.  Weight is not an issue here.  It gets down to the 20s in-car in .65 cubes and only needs a couple hundred watts.

I understand your point, but there's nothing special about this driver other than it's appearance, and even that is not special.  It's just another chinese driver in an already saturated market, like the Sundown. 

There is no manual lol that is your opinion and you are entitled to it. The 8w7 actually requires. . 0875 cuft then you factor in driver displacement etc etc. Not to mention it has a much larger mounting depth. Stating there is nothing special about a driver that is not yet available as you don't have all the facts or do you know what it is yet capable of. Jl is a good company and I respect there engineering

The 8w7 requires more space and weighs more then then ps8 this driver has not hot the market and sq is so subjective one driver may sound good to you but not for another and yes I'm aware that install plays a key roll. When looking for a driver requiring a small amount of space this driver takes it as far as output and sq that is up to the listener and install

Who do you work for.......unsure.png 

Does it really matter who I work for

There is no manual lol that is your opinion and you are entitled to it. The 8w7 actually requires. . 0875 cuft then you factor in driver displacement etc etc. Not to mention it has a much larger mounting depth. Stating there is nothing special about a driver that is not yet available as you don't have all the facts or do you know what it is yet capable of. Jl is a good company and I respect there engineering

Actually, there is a manual.  And i think you meant to type 0.875, but that is just a recommendation by JL.  It easily works well in the smaller enclosure as I've stated. 

What is special about this driver that makes it worth purchasing?  What does it do that other drivers can't?   Sell me your product.

Does it really matter who I work for

Not really, just curious. I am sure that you are affiliated with the company behind the driver in question and was wondering why you wouldn't introduce yourself. If I'm wrong then I'm sorry.

Phantom soundz does not have a manual... Yes that is what I meant to type auto correct.... The ps8 is cheaper 225vs 439$ the ps8 has a much smaller mounting depth then the 8w7 the ps8 comes in more coil configurations then then standard 3ohm repair and warranty is better then jls no questions asked repair or a new driver

pretty sure he was talking about the Jl manual,

and so MR phantom   from phantom soundz  this this your woofer?

its still unclear  you seem to be side stepping the question.

Just going by the name and the fact that he's from Olympia makes it fairly obvious. Not sure why he wouldn't say that though.

I'm sorry I didn't introduce myself I actually have a few reps under the same s/n to help moderate the fourms. Yes this is my woofer and it is still undergoing testing I'm not meaning to side step the question

well if you read back you were asked and you replied with out responding to the question.

and  in the rules its stated to introduce your self  in the newbie sign in,

either way.  right on. now that has been ironed out.

so where are your woofer built?

A small sealed box is the only application for an 8. Huge excursion and power handling are idiotic. If you want output use a larger cone.

Absolutely not. First off not everyone wants loud. Second, making cone area smaller doesn't at all fit anything you described.

The point of this driver was to have something every one can use a lot of newer cars have space limitations and weighs in at 14lbs so it is a win win for those worried about space and weight. The Preorder price is 225 I have not tested the thermal of this driver yet. My 12'' is 1500 rms and takes well above 1500.

yea like i said car audio companies trying to produce smaller while keeping louder output

for the small/new car guy with size limits

yea like i said car audio companies trying to produce smaller while keeping louder output

for the small/new car guy with size limits

Dumb way of going about that and we all know that isn't the reason. The reason is that there are confused buyers like yourself that think that creating a market for an otherwise somewhat misplaced and mostly useless driver.

I am not saying there are no applications for 8's. There is a time and a place for everything, but the reality is that most of these drivers are completely misused in the install they are in providing less than logical results.

Some other clarifications.

-Weight is an idiotic differentiator. Even if you track your car an extra 5lbs makes no difference. Sure if it is an F1 car, but then audio would be non-existent.

-Space limitations are regularly thrown out the window. Designing an 8 for ANYTHING other than a sealed alignment is absolutely retarded.

-Having ridiculous power handling is also not a logical goal. Considering doubling power is barely audible designing for power instead of response just goes to show you how idiotic the market is for these sorts of drivers.

All of these things equate to what? The reality that most people interested in high power 8's are seriously confused. IMO this is going to be made even worse by the fact that the visual design of this woofer was chosen to be "cool" instead of worrying about performance factors that actually make sense. Of course to defend Phantom, they chose this design because they are sure they can sell it. If that logic makes you want to buy it then by all means hop on the wagon to nowhere. Hard to knock a company for designing what a market requests even if the market is stupid.

This driver us still in testing how are you so sure it does not have a good response? As far as the power handling goes there is actually a reason it allows us to use an even smaller enclosure vs if we did a 300-500 rms driver. And secondly the driver is only 750rms not 1500 and I never said it'd take 1500. This driver was actually designed for space limitations hence the mounting depth and a Small enclosures. How are we following the market with the only neo 8?

This driver us still in testing how are you so sure it does not have a good response? As far as the power handling goes there is actually a reason it allows us to use an even smaller enclosure vs if we did a 300-500 rms driver. And secondly the driver is only 750rms not 1500 and I never said it'd take 1500. This driver was actually designed for space limitations hence the mounting depth and a Small enclosures. How are we following the market with the only neo 8?

The power handling does not allow you to use a smaller enclosure, the smaller enclosure requires more power to obtain the same output as an otherwise more efficient (read larger) enclosure.

So the only thing that makes your driver different is the neo?

Isn't a good thing for customers to have a wide range to choose from?

I don't mind more products for the same application as that usually results to lower prices.

There are so many components that are alike, but does that bother the customer? (it doesn't bother me)

Actually with our design it is the opposite for the 8. Very few drivers are designed this way the adire brahma rings a bell

oh looky there MR phantomz learned how to use the negative button!

keep marking this shit negative ill shit on all your post.

oh looky there MR phantomz learned how to use the negative button!

keep marking this shit negative ill shit on all your post.

Behold+The+Internet+Troll.jpg