ShagggDiesel

How to make a removeable top for bandpass box?

I'm currently building my first 6th order bandpass enclosure. I need a way to make the top panel secure to the box, but easily removable for access to the sub once the top is put on. Here is what I have done thus far. I have also added weather stripping all around to prevent leaking. I'm looking for suggestions for the best way to go about this other than glue and screws. Thanks in advance. img14321.jpg

Weather stripping and t-nuts/hurricane nuts with screws. Better yet, threaded inserts

Who doesnt like removable tops?boobies.gif

Yep, that is what we do as well. Typically I like to make a small area removable if I can.

How well do these hold up in a 3/4" panel of MDF? Seems like they would not hold good and split the wood. What's the best option?

The easiest way to make it work is to do a similar setup to a pre-fab bandpass enclosure with their plexi window insert. Just make it out of MDF rather then plexi.

The easiest way to make it work is to do a similar setup to a pre-fab bandpass enclosure with their plexi window insert. Just make it out of MDF rather then plexi.

Exactly the suggestion id make myself.

Is that possible with what I already have? Everything is cut and painted just waiting to find the best way to secure the top panel.

you could make one large MDF with 2 cut-out windows ... so you have access to the back and front of the subwoofer

So I used Tee Nuts to try to bolt two pieces of scrap wood together for a test. It would work, but when I tighten the bolt, the nut pulls out of the wood. Is there any sort of glue or anything I could use to hold the nuts in the wood and not pull right out when I tighten the panel down?