Sign in to follow this  
skater041930

Making box from cut sheets on this forum

Has anyone on here made a box for any of the bl woofers on here from the box cut forum? I have never made a box before and found that cut sheet page and if it saves me $300 by not going to a car audio store to have one built I think I would give it a shot. Just looking for input on if they came out nice sound wise and all. Thanks for your time people's

And what size wood should be used for making this. Thanks again.

I'm sure if you do enough searching you can find an already designed box for a BL, and the type/size of wood you would want to use is 3/4 MDF.

Would help a bit if you told us what kind of vehicle its going into, whats your max dimensions for a box, and what size BL you're getting.

Sorry for leaving some info out, vehicle is a 01 grand cherokee limited, never measured the trunk area but has to be enough room, and the 15 inch bl. Amp is saz1500d v3. I would have got the box made 4 cubes @ 33hz if I went to a shop, but if following the cut sheet for the bl 15 which is above on this forum would make a good box for that woofer, I would try myself to save alot of money and to start gaining knowledge on this stuff. Search wise it seems like that cut sheet page is the best of the best to go with as I would have no idea how to build a box from scratch without that.

Sorry for leaving some info out, vehicle is a 01 grand cherokee limited, never measured the trunk area but has to be enough room, and the 15 inch bl. Amp is saz1500d v3. I would have got the box made 4 cubes @ 33hz if I went to a shop, but if following the cut sheet for the bl 15 which is above on this forum would make a good box for that woofer, I would try myself to save alot of money and to start gaining knowledge on this stuff. Search wise it seems like that cut sheet page is the best of the best to go with as I would have no idea how to build a box from scratch without that.

I have a 02 Laredo, from what I know we have around the same cargo area size, so you should be around 40" wide, 30" depth, and 19 inches high (Its just good to know)  The box in the cut sheets will work fine for you, just take your time and do a bit of browsing around this forum there's a lot of tips on how to make a box.  

Also what kind of electrical are you running?  I know 'm using a HFI 1500D and when wired at 1 Ohm, on stock electrical I suffered from extreme light dimming/voltage drop.  Considering 2001-2004 Grand Cherokees have little difference's if you're running stock power you might run into a few problems.

I have a 02 Laredo, from what I know we have around the same cargo area size, so you should be around 40" wide, 30" depth, and 19 inches high (Its just good to know)  The box in the cut sheets will work fine for you, just take your time and do a bit of browsing around this forum there's a lot of tips on how to make a box.  

Also what kind of electrical are you running?  I know I'm using a HFI 1500D and when wired at 1 Ohm, on stock electrical I suffered from extreme light dimming/voltage drop.  Considering 2001-2004 Grand Cherokees have little difference's if you're running stock power you might run into a few problems.

I am currently running the saz1500d pretty much at its full safest power to 2 12 inch alpine type r's is a pretty good box. All I have is stock alt, optima yellow top under the hood just for a little extra juice, big 3 in 0 gauge and that's it. My voltage doesn't drop that much unless its a pretty high note or a pretty low note at a complete stop, not on the gas. While driving It moves a very little, not much at all. No failures yet

Sign in to follow this