Sign in to follow this  
Doug McCambridge

amp for 2 bl 12's

Lookin for a new amp n don't really wanna go to money crazy but u guys think a Hifonics ZRX3000.1D would work well with 2 bl 12's 2ohm subs I have 0guage wiring all the way back 220amp alt. with a yellow top up front and a yellow top in the rear

you plan to run it at 2 ohms? or .5?  and do you already have the subs?

and why that amp?

Amp is within budget, as far as subs I ordered them a few weeks ago, I wouldn't mind running at .5 but for daily I don't think that would b to wise n that hifonics amp isn't .5 stable so that would b out of the question

witch is why i asked if you already had the subs... you should have gotten dual 1s so that you could  run 1 ohm daily....

honestly IMO if you want a cheap amp  ( that will do decent power at 2 ohms) you need to look into the audio pipe

http://www.amazon.com/Audiopipe-AP30001D-Monoblock-Remote-Control/dp/B000XS441K/ref=pd_sxp_f_pt

around the same price. and you can get full power at 2 ohms ...

i agree i would not want you to run .5 daily with your electrical and a hifonics amp

Alright thanks for the info n I only ordered the 2ohms due to my old setup with dual 4ohm type R's hopefully its not to late for fi to switch it up if possibleiI just emailed them, id really hate to get a 2 channel amp

its two 1500 watt amps in one case pretty much.. what your doing is straping them in a way when you run it mono... nothing bad about a 2 channel amp either....

What's the cost of those amps?

Maybe you can find something in classifieds thats better or wait and save a few bucks then get something decent? I never liked the idea of running really good subs on cheap amps....

I think there is a crescendo 2k for sale there at the moment.

Thats a good choice and a great amp!!

I have a crescendo bc2k for sale. Pm me if interested.

Sign in to follow this