Sign in to follow this  
Quentin Jarrell

Help me make a helpful users manual

I'm in the process of making a users manual for the Ethos line.  In the process of gathering all the technical information I tend to leave out the obvious.  So help me out by listing everything, no matter how obvious, that you would like to see in the users manual.  THANKS

No matter how obvious.. 

Well, i'd like to see Ethos in there somewhere, hehe.

Seriously, name of company, all contact info, motto\pledge, etc.., TS parameters, suggested box volumes for ALL applications, not general recommendations.

Some response graphs (this will help the marketing more since you are giving the customer something no one else does)

Coil configuration diagrams

Troubleshooting section

Explanation of TS parameters

Enclosure building tips and suggestions to use

Pre-Troubleshooting-  teach the customer what to look for before something bad happens.

Pictures are always good. Diagrams, charts. Maybe a section with useful tips on enclosure design and goals.

Hell ya. That's probably the best manual I've ever seen. I'm saving it for the information it has. Overkill for most I'm sure but great info for those who still read instruction manuals.

if you were to ask me id tell you to take a pioneer head unit manual and do just about everything the exact opposite.  i find especialy the layout extremely difficult to navigate through