• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

1. Recent Topics

• 17 comments
        • 393 comments
        • 2 comments
        • 5 comments
        • 6 comments
        • 1 comment
  • Similar Content

• By Joshdashef
      Hello and welcome to my daily headaches! I'll start this build log off with my past setup, my current, and finally update throughout December as I work on probably the furthest this little Civic will let me go.
      My instagram: https://www.instagram.com/joshdashef1/

The Past Build:
      Head unit: Pioneer 80 PRS 
      Mono Amp: Rockford Fosgate Prime 750.1
      Subwoofers: Rockford Fosgate P3D4 12" (two)
      Kicker 4 gauge amp kit OFC
      Stock Electrical (alternator included)
      Did do the big three sometime between here and current build
      Prefab Box: Q-Power Box (Dual 12s)
      Tips: Tesa taping RCA's, Marking RCA's Low/Mid/High or similar, 

Big Three with loom. Wire was Sky High 1/0 OFC with some 1/2" loom I believe. Old military style terminals (DO NOT USE THESE) they cracked my battery eventually. 

• By Chad L
      Question about the use of amps crossovers and sound processors. Is it best to go all active not at all or combine?? Are amp filters as good as sound processors? 
      When you buy a component speaker system you are paying for a crossover too. More expensive units have better crossovers. It’s been suggested that these crossovers use up power so not using them and using HPF and LPF on your amps is the better way to go. An alternative method is using a digital active crossover that can be programmed. 
      Different methods are also to influence phase shifts that can create cancellation  or have better frequency curves. 
      The cons would be a dedicated amp just for tweeters and one for mids and one for subs so instead of a 4 channel amp driving 4 pairs it would drive the mids on two channels and two channels for the tweeters then not using the expensive crossover that came with the speakers. 
      I’m running everything thru an Audio Control DQX with sub filter crossover point and EQ that is separating the signal at 90hz which I can adjust. Then thru a programmable crossovers The component and coax speakers are all actively crossed between subs and mids but I am using factory crossovers still. I’m assuming they are only helping tweeters but guessing they may have a filter for the mid too? 
      Do you think I am negating phase advantage by leaving factory filters in? Is the phase pollution not disruptive in high frequency so phasing mids and Subs is sufficient?
       I’m bi amping a pair of JBL competition speakers that has a jumper to remove in the crossover when doing this I am also using amp HPF and running other tweeters off all 4 channels. The JBL owner manual goes into great details about phase shifts and axis to explain what this crossover is doing to help  
      is there a better way to measure it sounds going to me but who knows?

• By DeMan2319
      Good evening everybody. I have a few items to install for an Audio System upgrade; but don't know how to go about it. The Items that will be involved are -1 Distribution Block -2 Amps. -1 Capacitor. -1 Equalizer/Crossover -6 Speakers in Total (2 tweeters, 2 Front Door 6.5's, and 2 6x9's) -1 Subwoofer

I'm trying to connect 2 amps; 1 for the Subwoofer and the Second for Speakers. My Aftermarket Head Unit has 3 pairs of RCA plug-ins.
      1) Subwoofer 2) Front 3) Rear.

How Would I connect the 6 speakers (which I'm going to rewire) to the 1st amp? Do I wire the Speakers to the Amp or Straight to the Head unit itself? Also, how would I connect the amp to the Head unit if it only has the 3 RCA plug-ins as stated above?

Any advice or suggestions are Welcomed. Thanks in advance.

URL: https://able2know.org/topic/434961-1
    • By Hellaflush73
      Looking for a new amp under 300$? Any good suggestions?
  • Recent YouTube Posts