Mike Hutcheson

Kicker 4 awg amp kit..fail........

Huge disappointment on this purchase, went to hook up my amp yesterday get to the point to install the 100amp fuse block... Epic fail! Both Alan wrenches I received wouldn't fit, had to cut down my 4awg wire to make it fit in the fuse block, pretty much they give u a 10awg fuse holder for a 4awg kit, Why kicker why? Hmmm last time I checked I wasn't trying to have a Mickey Mouse system, thanks kicker..... Js I expect that trash if I bought it from eBay... This was a retail store purchase, yes I went back all the 4awg kits were this way... Recommended fuse block ? Post opions thanks

got some pic? i got a kicker 4 gauge kit in my car, no problems. bought it years ago however. 

Kicker is now sold at WalMart, enough said

very true haha 

Pioneer has been sold at walmart for decades. . . . . Samsung is sold at walmart, doesn't make their TVs any different.

Pioneer has been sold at walmart for decades. . . . . Samsung is sold at walmart, doesn't make their TVs any different.

Yea but i bet Walmart will never stock the higher end of their product line either.

Just looked, Kicker has 4 different kinds of 4awg kits so they probably sell the cheap shit at walmart.

The high end kicker amp kits are very solid... Everything fits perfect, tech flex on the power wire, extremely solid crimped terminals.

Yea but i bet Walmart will never stock the higher end of their product line either.

Just looked, Kicker has 4 different kinds of 4awg kits so they probably sell the cheap shit at walmart.

Anyone serious about audio is not shopping at walmart, so it's a moot point.

Why was a 100 amp fuse being used on 4 gauge in the first place.

Are you sure there wasn't reducers in the fuse block.  I know kicker does that, puts 8awg reducers in the block so you can use it for 4 gauge or 8 all you do is remove them to use it for 4 gauge.

that was my thought bromo

Are you sure there wasn't reducers in the fuse block. I know kicker does that, puts 8awg reducers in the block so you can use it for 4 gauge or 8 all you do is remove them to use it for 4 gauge.

That is what i was about to say. The other day i installed a kicker amp kit for a guy, the amp kit had been used and who ever used it had to cut the wire down to get it in the fuse holder. So i pulled the wire out and took out the reducer and redid it.

the reason they use them is so that they can keep cost down, using the same parts, as apposed to tooling two different one for a very close   size kits

I'm not dissing the kit everything it great, full spec wire RCA ect just the fuse block and to some of the post I looked and tried to see if it was a universal 8awg to 4awg not this one. I bought this from bestbuy