Sign in to follow this  
ilovebass23

Dimming???

I have an ssd 18 coming hopefully in the next week or two, and I just bought a brand new 1400 watt hifonics amp, with a 2 ferret stinger capacitor. Do you think I will have any problems with dimming and do you thing my alt will be okay? I'm not sure if it matters but I'm running all 2 gauge, and 8 gauge as speaker wire. This is all going in a 01 eclipse, I already have a fully custom box built for the hatchback, I'm just worried I'm not going to have enough juice to keep up with everything. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Okay, that is an option, but i'm kinda on a tight budget. This is my first serious build. Its nothing huge but will be the loudest thing I have ever had. Do you have any other options that would do just fine and be a little cheaper, or should I just wait awhile until I have the money and go that way? If I do what kind of alt, battery, and so forth?

Return the capacitor and do the big 3. If you still get dimming lights add a battery in the rear.

^ That the cap is worthless. If you are tight on cash look into purchasing wiring from Knu Conceptz.

You're tight on cash but you're trying to do a "serious build".. If thats the case then sell your caps on craigslist or ebay to some one else who thinks they're important. Save up, and get some decently price wire from Knu Konceptz to wire the big three. Its not expensive once you write it out and plan. Then replace your batty under the hood with something that hhas a higher amp hr rating. I suggest saving some $ and getting yourself an AGM battery. If you still want to take steps after that. Get a battery installed in the rear, and or then get a H.O. alternator.

- The alt and batteries may be money out your pocket, but if this is your 1st build..you dont want to cut corners, its all money well spent if you do it right the first time.

Edited by BsEMS

Sign in to follow this