Sign in to follow this  
AlmightyStryker

Build set up opinions

Just bought another truck to mess around with and looking into doing a blowthrough. I figured if I'm doing a blowthrough I wanted to do 4 15s.

I'm gonna purchase a h/o alt of course.

My first option is 4 sundown sa 15s running off of a crescendo bc3500d or a sundown saz 2500d. Looking to only spend about $800 on the amp. Would the crescendo out do the saz for the same dollar pretty much?

2nd option was to get a lil louder. 4 sundown zv4 15s running off of 2 crescendo bc3500d or 2 saz 2500d. Or would that not be enough power to call it good? Would the much higher power subs

My question is with the power I'm thinking of giving the 2 options what would be more ideal. I want it loud... I just don't want to get the 4 sa's and want louder... The sundown sa route is def more in the price range that id like to pay also.

Edit. 3rd option would be 6 sa 15s so 3600rms they would need. So either the bc3500 or the bc5500 if they would take the more power.

Edited by AlmightyStryker

Have you measured how much airspace you're gonna have? What kind of blowthrough setup are you wanting, I assume a 4th order?

Edited by Polish

if you have room for everything you mentioned

my opinion:  (6) 15's!!!   on (2) crescendo amps would be awesome to see

edit:  p.s-  i like (6) 15's best cause i think, cone area > watts

Edited by Truconcept

@polish. No I haven't looked into box building yet. Im not quite sure what would work best I've never built a 4th order. More input would be awesome!

@truconcept I think im gonna go with the 6 sa15s with a bc5500d. But I was looking into the new X line of subs that sundown has and if I went that route id only do 4 X 15s on the bc5500

The saz amps are going to be a little better quality but not worth the price difference imo. I tested two SAZ2500's for a friend and they're definitely strong amps. I ran two BC3500's for a little while and they're great amps. I don't think you'll beat their price to performance. 

What are you looking for? Strong low end? Overall musical clarity? I don't think you'll go wrong with either sub stage. 

You could do 4 X series 15's on two 3500's. That should yield quite a bit of output. Four SA15's on one BC5500 would be nasty too. 

1,000rms is a good spot for a daily user with SA's. They will take more, but I won't suggest it unless you have a decent amount of experience. 

Do you have any electrical yet? Are you ready to drop the money needed to get the right electrical setup for this much power?

Another option, if you have the height, is two X18's or Zv4 18s. A little more simple, lots of cone area, less power "needed" 

3 18s might also a choice too. What do you mean by height, armykyle? For the x or z v.4 15s I would say they need at least 16 cubes if your doing 4 15s. Maybe squeeze in 2 more cubes and you could do 3 18s. I'd say 3 X 18s

However, I don't know what type of truck you have and the way things will fit. I'm just going by cubes.

3 18s might also a choice too. What do you mean by height, armykyle? For the x or z v.4 15s I would say they need at least 16 cubes if your doing 4 15s. Maybe squeeze in 2 more cubes and you could do 3 18s. I'd say 3 X 18s

However, I don't know what type of truck you have and the way things will fit. I'm just going by cubes.

height-bottom to top clearance. If he has a tall enough opening to run 18s. I don't suggest "necking" down.

Ohh alright I get what you saying now lol

Ya I think I'm pretty set on crescendo for my amp. The lowest I've heard is 2 new rf t1 15s off a planet audio amp with no electrical upgrades in a trailblazer and that shit got low... So I'm guessing no matter what with 4 15s, 3 18s whatever it is it'll get lower then that.

I was looking at the x line and saw there only 100 more then the sa's so that might change things... If its really worth it.

The electrical isn't done yet but I am for sure doing that.

I've never thought about doing 18s. Never heard one, never seen one. So idk haha

I have a 2005 f150 crewcab.

So 3 x 18s would get louder then 415s sa's. there pretty much the same price for either the 4 sa or 3 x. How would the sound I'd get from the 18 vs a 15. Sorry I've just never heard an 18...