Sign in to follow this  
anonymous48420

re audio xxx 12

hi all I'm buying a single 12" re audio xxx new style. I could get my hands on the old style 18 but don't think I'll have the space so I'm gonna go with the 12. I need to figure out what to do about a box for it. any ideas on tuning or size? I'd like to tune it low I like screwed and chopped due to all the low notes in it. like the 20-30 hz range is where most of my bass hits. hence why I'm going with a xxx now instead of my soft Parts aa assassin 8's . I've got around 30 in wide by 17 in tall by hopefully 20 or under deep. any help would be greatly appreciated. output isn't the biggest concern but would be nice. the low tuning and sq is the most important part.

well I'm glad people on realm of excursion are atleast mildly useful unlike here. almost every time I've asked a question here it just gets ignored. or you get flamed and banned for saying anything back. think I'm gonna delete this account. just taking up bookmark and password space at this point. hopefully some day in the future this site deals with car audio instead of just circjerkin it to pictures of speakers.

Well, why did you not just learn how to design a box? There is plenty of useful information, links, and people willing to answer questions that you could learn yourself and not have to rely solely on others.

Also, maybe it is the way you have asked questions on here, any time i have asked anything i have gotten help.

Lol okay.

New re stuff isn't what it used to be, and their customer service sucks. And this site is much more helpful, and bans less people than any other car audio forum that I know of.

There is a very nice enclosure in this thread that almost your EXACT dimensions required designed by Alton with cut sheets and everything. 

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/topic/58863-gcon-build-help-needed/

I don't know how well the RE Sub would do in it but posts like this are all over the site and you could easily modify it a little to suit your needs. You gotta put in a little effort dude. As for the sub choice, there are about 50 12's I'd take over that XXX and still have funds left over for an amp. I just pulled it up on Sonic and holy crap - $720 for ONE FREAKING 12? It's not any business of mine what you spend on your sub but just if it were me I would certainly never spend that on a single sub, let alone a 12". You could probably get the same output from a sub less than half the price, as for Sq that all depends on the box. If you tune low they'll all have fairly flat curves which should amount to decent Sq but that is completely subjective. Subjective meaning - what sounds good to Joe might sound like crap to Jim and what sounds good to Jenny might sound awful to Jerome.

Edited by Polish

considering I sold my 8's for the price I payed for this 300 bux I'd have to say it wasn't that bad of a deal. especially since I reclaimed much needed trunk space. I've always wanted one since the day they came out so I kinda figured why not buy what I've been drooling over instead of just circjerkin to pics of things I'll never own. hence why I drive the BMW I wanted and own everything else I want. it performs quite well in that sealed enclosure I made. don't make assumptions about people's skills before you know about them. I just wanted to hear some info from ppl that have dealt with these seeing as how their not the same as a normal speaker and normal rules don't apply. here's a video on low power in the old car with lame electrical. bitch almost stalled out on a diff song when the bass hit real good. it's a good thing I had a spare optima redtop laying around so I can run two batteries. http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/7423/tz2pblwmyxhtsectajezya.mp4

knockin doors down screwed and chopped. just gotta finish tuning the amp and I'll have more Vids. this things a monster on the lows even in the small sealed box.

I just wanted to hear some info from ppl that have dealt with these seeing as how their not the same as a normal speaker and normal rules don't apply.

They are exactly the same as a normal speaker and the exact same rules apply.  The physics don't change.

Lol okay.

New re stuff isn't what it used to be, and their customer service sucks. And this site is much more helpful, and bans less people than any other car audio forum that I know of.

definately correct 

I just wanted to hear some info from ppl that have dealt with these seeing as how their not the same as a normal speaker and normal rules don't apply.

They are exactly the same as a normal speaker and the exact same rules apply.  The physics don't change.

^^ This.

Point 1 - I'm still new but haven't noticed that much "circle-jerking" going on here. Damn man, who the f*** are you and why are you here?

Point 2 - Impious, you always know exactly how to put people in their place. Kills me every damn time. lol

Edit for spelling failure.

Edited by gprestonmoto

I have a strong feeling the advice given wont even be used. OP if you have been drooling on the xxx since it came out then you need to know its not the same as when it came out. Listen to these guys. Majority of people here know there shit

Just go to best buy. They will spoon feed you and install with you giving them no real info, just like what you are after.

J

Just go to best buy. They will spoon feed you and install with you giving them no real info, just like what you are after.

J

lol.....op be like.......K!!

J

Ouch..... dude just try your hand at designing a box or start looking for someone on here to design you one. There are several videos on youtube that are helpful and several people on here that would be more than glad to help you but clean up the act or no one is gonna help...

Agreed.this type of attitude will get you nowhere.they helped me just fine.

J

Ouch..... dude just try your hand at designing a box or start looking for someone on here to design you one. There are several videos on youtube that are helpful and several people on here that would be more than glad to help you but clean up the act or no one is gonna help...