Sign in to follow this  
Elrey7698

HO Alt on single batt

Im gonna order a ho alt for my 08 yukon but i wont have the $$ for batts till june..my stock alt craped out so i need the ho on there to run the truck. My question is if its ok to only have one battery? I wont fry it? Im buying a 300a+ alt.

You're good. Just make sure you upgrade your wiring. Even if you aren't pulling the amperage at all the alternator has a lot of output for stock wiring. At the minimum upgrade your grounds to alternator wire.

You're good. Just make sure you upgrade your wiring. Even if you aren't pulling the amperage at all the alternator has a lot of output for stock wiring. At the minimum upgrade your grounds to alternator wire.

Agreed.  Can't stress enough the importance of upgrading the factory wiring.  This is true anytime installing an aftermarket system, IMO, but especially when upgrading to a high output alternator.  300A is a LOT of current and the wire needs to be capable of delivering it.

Best of Luck.

I already did the big 3 but i did it 3 years ago ao im gonna install all new wire