Sign in to follow this  
ilovebass23

What setting should i run?

I have a brand new Hifonics GLX1400.1D and all new 2 gauge wire ran. I should have my ssd 18 sometime in the next couple weeks. Does anyone know what i should tune my box too? its all going in a 01 eclipse(hatchback). I also would like to know what i should run my subsonic filter and everything as. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!

As far as tuning kinda depends how much u like the lows n what kind of music u listen to, as far as subsonic filter, ull want that set a couple hz below ur box tuning

I love low sh!t. thats why i got an 18. Any suggestions?

I love low sh!t. thats why i got an 18. Any suggestions?

Tune to 30hz. Set SSF around 27-28hz.

Ported box they recommend using 6-10 cubic feet @ 33Hz or anywhere from 31-35hz is optimal, that size of box I think I'd stick with 33hz it should hit everything pretty good

This might be a really stupid question, but how do I know what the ssf is set on when it doesn't say directly on the amp what  I have it set at. I know its a stupid question im just not good with this stuff

If 10hz is ur lowest and a 100hz is ur max, just try n somewhat estimate whatever hz u would need, directly in the middle would be 45 hz if ur ssf is 10-100 pretty much split it in groups till u get it close, I'm sure there's a proper way to do it, but I couldn't tell u how to do it

yeup..just half it. Calculate the largest from smallest and get the value. Then half each section, calculate, and so on. To make it easier for you. Draw a large circle on a sheet of paper and perform your calulations there so its easier to see and remember what part of the dial equats to each value of frequency

alright cool. Thanks for the help!

If 10hz is ur lowest and a 100hz is ur max, just try n somewhat estimate whatever hz u would need, directly in the middle would be 45 hz if ur ssf is 10-100 pretty much split it in groups till u get it close, I'm sure there's a proper way to do it, but I couldn't tell u how to do it

yeup..just half it. Calculate the largest from smallest and get the value. Then half each section, calculate, and so on. To make it easier for you. Draw a large circle on a sheet of paper and perform your calulations there so its easier to see and remember what part of the dial equats to each value of frequency

Unfortunately you cant do it that way and be anywhere remotely accurate.  The potentiometers used are not linear.

If you want to set a crossover to a specific frequency.

Disconnect the speakers, and turn the crossover to min or max depending on what cross over you are setting. Play the frequency that you want the crossover set to. Doesn't have to be a high volume.

Measure the AC volts on the outputs of the amplifier.  lets say its 10VAC.

Now find the -3db point, multiply the voltage you measured by .707.     10 X .707 = 7.07VAC

Now turn the crossover knob up or down to reach 7.07VAC.

Now your filter is set to a specific frequency you want.

why don't you just play a test tone and adjust ssf and lpf accordingly

Sign in to follow this