Sign in to follow this  
mason_herold

got my new FI BL15 today!.....with a little problem...

ok so today i just recieved my brand new FI BL 15! i was so excited to see the box from FI, unable to contain my excitement i opened it up instantly and what i found was some great packing! wood bottom and top and 2x4's and some nice foam but once that top board came off i found that the dustcap wasnt the color i ordered(not a big deal to me at all).... but the thing that worries me is.. is it actually my sub? or did they just mess up the dust cap color? i ordered ice blue and got red(once again no big deal) just worried its not the right one, i ordered a fully loaded BL and the invoice is correct i know that. just worried it might be the wrong sub...

i would give fi a shout and see if they gave you the wrong one.  

Take pics. Also I think if you look at the former it's written in sharpie. First make sure it's a BL and make sure it's the right coil

not sure how to tell if its a bl? and i dont have a multimeter at this moment:/ ad do all of them come with black baskets?

the only way i can tell if its a bl is the shipping weight which was 54 pounds just like the FI website says it is

the only way i can tell if its a bl is the shipping weight which was 54 pounds just like the FI website says it is

i wouldnt go by the shipping weight and what it says on their website, they can be off by quite a bit either way

You can tell by looking at the motor. If it's double stacked, then it's a bl. The q and ssd have single stack. The btl has a crazy lookin motor lol you would know if it was a btl.

not sure how to tell if its a bl? and i dont have a multimeter at this moment:/ ad do all of them come with black baskets?

My BL 15 basket is silver and so was my BL 12.

how recently did you get them though? and yes it is double stacked. im wondering if they dont have seperate basket colors for dual 1 ohm subs and dual 2 ohm subs?

Edited by mason_herold

Measure it with a dmm to know for sure what ohms they are. It's a bl for sure.

how recently did you get them though? and yes it is double stacked. im wondering if they dont have seperate basket colors for dual 1 ohm subs and dual 2 ohm subs?

I just got the 15 about a month ago and it's a dual 2 ohm so your theory about a differ basket color could be plausible.

if it was a btl im not sure if i woulda said something or not;)

Basket color wouldn't be an indicator. I have 4 sp4's. 3 have silver baskets, 1 has a black basket. All came directly from Fi.

hmmm strange that they would do that

my q,s both came last week with black baskets. don't know if that helps. both dual 1 ohm

Sign in to follow this