Sign in to follow this  
dragon123443

amp for xcon 10

so I just got my xcon 10 in in the mail yesterday .. its A MOTHER$%&KEN BEAST . never have I owned a sub of this quality .. I need advice on what kind of amp to use. I would preffer not getting hifonics. the xcon will be sealed. any input is appreciated

so I just got my xcon 10 in in the mail yesterday .. its A MOTHER$%&KEN BEAST . never have I owned a sub of this quality .. I need advice on what kind of amp to use. I would preffer not getting hifonics. the xcon will be sealed. any input is appreciated

What is your budget? How much room do you have? Really anywhere from 500-1750rms will work. Just buy a quality amplifier that you can afford.

I think I will spend no more than 500 on an amp . my space is limited its going in an eclipse

Did you buy a d1 or d2 woofer?

A used sundown 1500 would work great with the xcon. It's a quality amp. Check out the db-r.com I bought my saz2500 from them. You should be able to get a 1500 for around 350. They're refurbished, but everything works fine and comes with a 1 year warranty.

dang that's a hell of a deal . I will look it up when I get home from work

I got my 2500 for 525 shipped! It's a really good deal lol

holy Shi.. lol that's almost what the 1500 costs New. I just went on there and they just have a v2

Yea mines the v.1 but will still get the job done. You don't need the v.3 of the 1500 to make that xcon pound. The v.2 is still a great amp. I would snatch one up if I were you.

ill look into it. do you know if stetsom amps are good

I think they kinda are but can easily break and have shitty cs from what I hear.

Customer service. Read some of the threads in the stetsom sections on here. I think people were saying they were very sensitive to with voltage. Don't quote me on all this, I'm pretty sure that's what i read.

yeah I've read that too .. that's why I tried to stay away also about their noisy fans.

Yea I would just go with a saz1500. It's a great amp and sundown has excellent customer service.

do I have to upgrade my electrical on that amp?

do I have to upgrade my electrical on that amp?

big 3 is always a must. after that it will depend on your listening habits. a lot of bassy music like dub step or rap will draw more power than rock, for example.