01alero

Fi BL 15 power hungry?

So I'm new to car audio. And my brother has had a child and I'm 16 and wanting a sub he dished it off to me. Now I've been doing my research and I keep finding people saying it is going to be mandatory for me to do "the big 3", my question is is there any other options. Ill have you keep in mind money is not an object right now. efficiency is key for me.

Thanks

the sub its self has nothing to do with "power hungry" or big three,  that sub can be ran on 500 watts with no issues, or as much as 2000 watts in the right hands,...

the big three is mandatory in any car stereo install with an amp larger then 1000 watts IMO...

the reason being, cars are only build to support the heaviest loads it can produce IE, the headlights high beams and the s/c on full blast,.

so when you add a huge load to to car system then you always want to make your alternator charging wires and your ground wires, because you added a load, those factory wires are only 8 gauge or there abouts,.

its just like preparing for a hike, you want to have good shoe strings right? because thats what hold your boot on your foot! if they break.. well...

Well then I am going to need to do the big 3 considering I want to run the sub at around 1700 RMS with the crescendo bass clef 2000d. thanks for the help bigjon.