Sign in to follow this  
Shogen

So I found my noise issue....

Was getting a CRAZY buzz/hum.... from the tweeters... thought it was amp.... HU pico..... not sure.... been going for a week after I switched the amps.... Well finally got it nailed to RCAs behind the HU .... BUT .... I need to find a permanent/neat way of creating this ground connection.... What I did was wrap the RCAs in copper but it is sooooo bulky...... what are some ideas? any pics or links to the idea would be greatly appreciated... I got so fcking annoyed that I took out the HU for now as I cannot tolerate the sound at all

Was getting a CRAZY buzz/hum.... from the tweeters... thought it was amp.... HU pico..... not sure.... been going for a week after I switched the amps.... Well finally got it nailed to RCAs behind the HU .... BUT .... I need to find a permanent/neat way of creating this ground connection.... What I did was wrap the RCAs in copper but it is sooooo bulky...... what are some ideas? any pics or links to the idea would be greatly appreciated... I got so fcking annoyed that I took out the HU for now as I cannot tolerate the sound at all

New head unit! :P

You got the money big baller.

New head unit! tongue.png

You got the money big baller.

hmmmmm

Hot swapped rca's ?

Pico fuse

Yea, I'm assuming so .... either way need to get the grounding done nice and neat....

Those little guys are sensitive.

You can actually repair the fuse with a little instruction.

aha.... I scurred

even if you ground the RCa's the damage is done... you must get it repaired then to ground  the head unit better to avoid these issues again....

i always run an added ground from the heat sink on the back of the h/u to the car... seems to work for me no issues is years and years

even if you ground the RCa's the damage is done... you must get it repaired then to ground  the head unit better to avoid these issues again....

i always run an added ground from the heat sink on the back of the h/u to the car... seems to work for me no issues is years and years

Yea, I wasn't planning on this issue arising, I thought I had disconnected the harness but made a mistake... and I'll take that advice as I was going to ground it or next HU regardless of new or not... lol

found a local repair center... gonna call later for a quote on it.... lol

This happened to me last year. It was under warranty and I only had to pay shipping lol

sooooooooooo .... UPDATE ....

while sitting on break from work without anything to eat, I decided to check the RCAs because of a dream I had.... I knew I had all of the RCAs hooked up but only currently using a 4 channel amp for the front stage of my setup which meant I had the subwoofer outputs hooked up but no amplifier hooked up as of yet. I had the other end of the RCAs wrapped in electrical tape so they didn't touch anything and possibly cause some issues. 

WELL!!! I disconnected those wires from the back of the HU and holy shyt! no more noise... Thanks W140/Sean for the ground loop isolators even though they weren't needed but I'll keep them just in case I find out something else... This saved me from purchasing new RCAs and having to replace them and all that good stuff.... 

Is it normal to have unhooked RCAs cause similar to alternator whine through the car speakers?

if they r touching something they will, but never had any issues otherwise

but if its a pioneer

usually this is what we do

644225.jpg

just google image "pioneer pico fuse" u would think they would fix this issue

Thanks.... yea I did that on my old Pioneer but that wasn't the issue with my current P880

if they r touching something they will, but never had any issues otherwise

but if its a pioneer

usually this is what we do

644225.jpg

just google image "pioneer pico fuse" u would think they would fix this issue

Oh my. I guess that kinda fixes it bit kind of a mess. The pio is super easy to take apart as I used to repair a lot of them. Why not just fix it on the inside? It would be a much better connection than looping it around like that.

PM sent

Oh my. I guess that kinda fixes it bit kind of a mess. The pio is super easy to take apart as I used to repair a lot of them. Why not just fix it on the inside? It would be a much better connection than looping it around like that.

Does the noise go away if you plug them into something? They could be picking up noise radiating in the car.

PM sent

Replied.  Hope that helps.

Interesting...

So the problem was the lack of a ground for the rcas?

Edited by 1two3

I sense the sarcasms ... lol ... they are strong with this one.... 

Interesting...

Interesting...

Lol I was actually asking to try and learn :)

Also I have a pioneer hu myself, and from what I just read these bad boys have a problem with that. I couldn't exactly tell with the responces given already but that's the hint I got.

Who know I might have to do the same down the road

I just got alt wine too... I'm not happy. All I did was up the gain and did some pounding. Shortly after, BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then it stopped and now it's back. Time to ground the RCA's

lol... yea Pico fuse on Pioneers are pretty common from user error.... but I might have lucked out... I'll find out whenever I hook up a sub amp again and connect the same RCAs I unplugged

Interesting...

Lol I was actually asking to try and learn smile.png

Also I have a pioneer hu myself, and from what I just read these bad boys have a problem with that. I couldn't exactly tell with the responces given already but that's the hint I got.

Who know I might have to do the same down the road