Chris Duncan

New Q 12 barely plays and bottoms out on low volume

I checked the exterior edges of the box and didn't feel any leaks, and this shop builds really sturdy boxes. I'm waiting to hear back from fi, but haven't in several days.

Ok so now it sounds like it is totally just done, and the cap was excessively hot, too hot to touch. I'm certain it is just a problem with the sub, probably damage during shipping.

so you dont want to pull it and take a pic of  it? ok.

at the start informed you  you that it was shorting out it would be very hot to t he touch, and would play you are explaining.

but if you dont wish to investigate any further then  stop posting here and email FI and contact them and only them until its resolved, and then come back and let us know what the issue was.

Ok. I was more looking for assurance of what I was thinking, and I am still awaiting their response..

Takes them several days to respond to any of my emails, and I am still no better off than when I started. Wish they would respond more timely so I could get my issue resolved.

"judging by the amount my lights dim there is quite a bit of current flowing"

I think this means your current ISNT flowing correctly. Becuase its drawing power from the cars power bank, somewhere that it shouldnt. Let me rephrase that..it might not be flowing incorrect, but it damn sure isnt flowing efficiently.

wait a minute.. ( i just caught up on the thread). You DONT want to unscrew the sub and LOOK at the spider and or tinsel lead / cone connection point?

you must not really be worried about it. The woofer showed you signs of malfunction..but you ignored them and didnt evaluate the problem other than writing emails to FI. Now it has worsened to a point where there is a safety issue within your vehicle...and you STILL dont want to unscrew it and see what is happening? I really hope you car stays safe, but If i were you, I wouldnt put my health, my cars health, my sound systems health, in jeapordy soley because im too lazy to remove the sub and re check wiring.

I've replied to every email you have sent multiple times and told you to send the speaker back if you really think there is something wrong with it.

All of the email is caught up and up to date since i've been back.

Has anyone ever told you if you want something done right do it yourself? Honestly you should of invested money in a quality dmm instead of being lazy and having some audio shop do what they did.... You invest money in your audio system, you should know exactly everything you own specs and all and how it's wired. DIY DIY DIY DIY.... At the end of the day you can only hold yourself responsible.. Not some 3rd party... Should of never drove away when u picked ur car without putting it to full tilt first to make sure all is good... Not being a arseho just honest.... GL hope you take the advice some of the members tried to give you.

you have to take it out to ship it back anyways

lol.. i hope this wasn't an advantageous suggestion in the view of the OP.. 

I would fall dead right now.

I've replied to every email you have sent multiple times and told you to send the speaker back if you really think there is something wrong with it.

All of the email is caught up and up to date since i've been back.

we have not recieved an email back from the ficaraudio email or aa dealer email at Audio Innovations of Fresno.

I did pick high QTS because I planned on it being sealed. Here I was just being lazy: (D1/D2: Dual 1 Ohm, Cooling: Yes+30, Dust Cap: Blue, P Chamfer: Yes, High QTS: Yes, Spider: Yes +$5, I Heat Ring: Yes +$20, Internal Lead: No)

Why didn't you get internal leads?  Definitely an option that you should get especially when running sealed IMO.

Sounds like you need to do some troubleshooting.  Check the subsonic on the amp bass eq, exc, check your voltage to amp and voltage while playing.  Your voltage may be the reason for low power and your low power may be the reason for the sub getting hot.

Spend more time on the forum and learn to troubleshoot this on your own instead of bothering the local shop with equipment you didn't buy from them.  They will only send you astray from the truth behind your problems if you don't know what you're doing

Edited by cloud77

you have to take it out to ship it back anyways

lol.. i hope this wasn't an advantageous suggestion in the view of the OP.. 

I would fall dead right now.

did you like that shizzon