dragon123443

zed minotaur (sure it misspelled)

has anyone ran them on one ohm? what did it do?

has anyone ran them on one ohm? what did it do?

You will get a better answer from Steve Mantz @ Zed Audio, I know he doesn't like low ohm loads so I doubt he designed the amp for a 1 ohm application. He is real good at responding to emails.

I would not suggest doing it.  It is a high end precision amplifier, not a big SPL biased amplifier build with some room to play below suggested ohm loads and above suggested voltage levels.  

I see, was just wondering .. need an amp so bad lol.

I see, was just wondering .. need an amp so bad lol.

I emailed him last week actually, he said no, he cannot modify the amp to play below 2 ohm load nor can he modify another other class D amplifiers if requested.

damn really? well its a nice amp but if I would only be abpe to wore it at 4 ohms I'd be wasting a lot of power. and for the watts that it gives and the price it has I think I can get something stronger, maybe not the same good sound though.

damn really? well its a nice amp but if I would only be abpe to wire it at 4 ohms I'd be wasting a lot of power. and for the watts that it gives and the price it has I think I can get something stronger, maybe not the same good sound though.

damn really? well its a nice amp but if I would only be abpe to wire it at 4 ohms I'd be wasting a lot of power. and for the watts that it gives and the price it has I think I can get something stronger, maybe not the same good sound though.

Yes, for the money, more power can be hand, best thing to do would be to order two to strap and buy the woofer(s) in respective ohm load to get the most power of 2600rms, which I would think safe to assume 3krms daily with the best sound possible while still keeping price reasonable for what you're getting. The amp is litterally like, less than a foot long. I've had my SSA Evil on my zed amp bridged for JUST 600 watts and it sound incredible. I've only swapped back to the 5500 because of sheer power.

Heres a video:

quality not quantity

what Lind of amp do you have now?

I'm sure the quality is there and quality is always more expensive. just like McIntosh. but idk my budget won't stretch that much lol

what Lind of amp do you have now?

In my Sig sir, Leviathan III, also, if you're really contenmplating on it, I would save up and do it right the first time. We all now in 6-9 months you are going to want more power anyway, might as well go hard right off the batt, vs spending cheap money now, then more cheap money later. Its how I view things. Plus, I'm willing to bet you'll have one of the most badass amps in your neighborhood that nobody has ever heard of.

Fuck. lol I'm the only one who knows what ssa even is around here .. when ppl see my xcon they think its some cheap swap meet brand

Fuck. lol I'm the only one who knows what ssa even is around here .. when ppl see my xcon they think its some cheap swap meet brand

:)

That amp looks like pure art.......Nice Sancheezy.

Thank you sir :)

If he starts off big he will only want more power. Haha jk

hey , a guy newer to the forum than what I am :)

Let them listen so they can see how wrong they are. ;)

what does con stand for anyway?

what does con stand for anyway?

Nothing really.  Creator of Nirvana!  ;)  Haha no, but seriously.  When we launched the first model, we named it Icon but we were so happy to have a sub woofer, we did not really think too far down the road on model name expansion I guess.

I have the same problem here being the only person who's running SSA and Fi.

That is, like Aaron mentioned, until they listen to it.  (of course no one has heard the XCON yet as the enclosure isn't done yet)