Sign in to follow this  
smgreen20

Thinking about getting a new sub

It's been awhile since I've been here working 60+ hours aweek. First off, I love my clarIon SSW1200 and have been very pleased with it. I'm looking at lowering the overall wattage in my stereo. I'm looking at the SSA subs. My retirements:

SQ

Want some good output, SPL.

And HAS to fit in a 1.45 cf ported box that is tuned to 37Hz. I simply don't have the room for a bigger box.

Let me know please, what's good for 400 wrms AND 1000 wrms both at 4 ohms.

The icon would surely fit what you would want. For 400 rms I would choose the dcon.

Why not go right in the middle with the GCON? I know 1000w is over the 750w rating, but let's face it, SSA subs are underrated as is.

check out ssa subs. I would look into the SSA icon "10"(For 1000rms)  it works great in smaller ported box's it has a higher thermal rating then the gcon then your intended use  but it doesn't matter under powering insnt  bad thing and doesn't effect output difference 

Edited by Dictator

I'm on my phone at work, lunch break, so my time is limited, but what are the costs of these subs? Link.

The icon would surely fit what you would want. For 400 rms I would choose the dcon.

i run a icon on about 400 watts in my g/fs car.  very nice

i run a icon on about 400 watts in my g/fs car.  very nice

I agree you don't have to give them rated power to get great sound. That goes for all subs in general.

I'll be looking into the subs suggested, but I must be honest. It hit me last night, but I'm really leaning towards the TREO TE. I used to have 2 TREO SSi12.22's and loved them.

if you want treo go for it im just a die hard ssa fan since the first time i heard a xcon fell in love! compared it to every other woofer every since

Edited by Dictator

O no Armykyle1 just pulled out the flex!

Edited by Dictator