onebadmonte

RIP BTL :(

It looks as if we have reached the end of an era. The BTL is no longer on the Fi website. Yes, Fi has a website. Lets take a moment and share our favorite BTL experience.

My first BTLs were/are the N2 version. I've still yet to try them out in a car, but I have re-coned one of them. :D It was my first re-cone. Unlike other Fi re-cone stories. My re-cone showed up unexpectedly a week after the order was placed. The glue, which I order after the re-cone, took 2 months to arrive. :P I did run them in my home theater for a while. The got the job done, no problem. I cant wait to see what they do in my car. :)

Farewell BTL, you will be missed. :)

Who said they were gone forever? I know Fi removes products from their website when they are out of materials for making them.

Who said they were gone forever? I know Fi removes products from their website when they are out of materials for making them.

I was told by someone .. and no not just anyone ;) that they were only going to make the N2 and N3 until they ran out of parts for the current design and then ditch the Neo because the price of it keeps going up so the profit keeps slimming

They'll retool and bring back the UFO.  

Keeping fingers crossed.  :)

They'll retool and bring back the UFO.  

Keeping fingers crossed.  smile.png

Any truth to this, or just wishful thinking? Enquiring minds want to know. :D

The team sub line is replacing the BTL line. Just some information I was given.

I was just looking at those on the Fi website yesterday.

I would bet neo prices and availability has a lot to do with it.

The team sub line is replacing the BTL line. Just some information I was given.

If that's the case why not call the team sub some derivative of the BTL name? Like ultra BTL. :P

I was just looking at those on the Fi website yesterday.

I would bet neo prices and availability has a lot to do with it.

Neo prices have everything to do with it. I was talking with one of my friends last year about how the price of neo magnets would get too high and would be abandoned in woofer designs.

i wondered why they used so much neo,  compared to designs like the DD Z  that seem to use very little. a few other companies too

There is a huge difference between attaching a bunch of magnets to a piece of steel vs. engineering exactly what is necessary while being superior at the same time.

the woofer was replaced by the Team Fi Woofer 15,18  It is the new sub that replaced the Good ole BTL. either way at high current the neo it self looses its integrity and slowly looses its magnetic force...

hmmm... Loved the look of the NEO.

either way they wont get rid of an awesome product to introduce one less awesome. !

I love my UFO. Never had the pleasure to try the N series btls. Looking forward to seeing pricing and specs on these team woofers. Hope they can keep the price reasonable

My UFO BTL was my introduction to this community, it will be missed, RIP.

Because of the BTL N2  I never realized how inadequate my sound deadening was, so for this I thank the BTL series for making me blow a butt load of money on deadener. R.I.P. 

the woofer was replaced by the Team Fi Woofer 15,18  It is the new sub that replaced the Good ole BTL. either way at high current the neo it self looses its integrity and slowly looses its magnetic force...

no..and...no..

it hasn't been 'replaced' we just took it down because it's the end of the lifecycle on the N series woofers..it's not being replaced by the team sub

we had no issues with heat and the way that we did the neo on the motors..that's why we had that massive hunk of aluminum heatsink in the middle of it so it never got hot enough to lose flux..

n he's back. lol.

ps - my first btl was the dual mag version. only version i didn't play with was the n2.

Edited by phi

i had the plesure of blowing one of  onebadmontes n2s ..  i guess it was less then a pleasure,

i had the plesure of blowing one of  onebadmontes n2s ..  i guess it was less then a pleasure,

O_o

LOL!

i had the plesure of blowing onebadmonte

Wait, what ?

Wait, what ?

tumblr_ma5kh8DgJH1rybdj6o1_500-1_zps84ce

Wait, what ?

Really????!!! :D

This thread is gonna look nice on the fridge. :P

Never cared for how the stock parts sounded. But they took abuse like a trailer trash queen. I'd like to see a double stack ufo with a thicker top plate on more bump with same top plate thickness. Get xmax in the mid 30s peak to peak 3-3.5" :)

stock parts 

these were fun