jkrueger07

what FI sub would you reccomend

Ive been looking into getting an Fi sub ... but which one? i want a 15" or 18" mainly leaning towards an 18", currently i have a Fi q 12 an i love it, but i need somethn a lil bigger, i was thinking the Fi Q 18" but whats a good amp for it? currently i have a rockford fosgate t1500-1bd soon to go bigger, someone help

How much room, goals? The amp would be great with a q or bl.

need more info! 

how much space do you have? what's wrong your current sub, what improvements are you trying to make? goals? music? 

I have the whole back of a 99 blazer from the back seat back and i want somethn a lil louder, everyones telling me 18s are bada**

and nothings wrong with my current system now i love it, but i wanna go alot louder, should i go with an 18"?

You said you were gonna upgrade power later? I don't know your budget but what about 2 15s? That would be louder than single 15 and 18 if done right.

if you goal is output you shouldn't have gotten the Q in the first place. i'd say go with a bl or btl and pick whichever size will fit in the space you have available. but make sure the box will fit first! 

i dont really have a budget lol if i want it im gonna save up an get it, but i just didnt wanna spend a rediculous amount bc im gonna be getting rid of it all in a yr or sooner bc ill be off in the military, another question, i currently have 4 guage but it would prly help alot if i went with 0 guage huh? i just bought some knu konceptz 0 guage flex

OP  would have to double power to make a reasonably noticeable difference in output. 3000+ watts would require some electrical upgrades that will add to the cost. If he has the space it would be easier to go with a larger sub and less power. 

i dont really have a budget lol if i want it im gonna save up an get it, but i just didnt wanna spend a rediculous amount bc im gonna be getting rid of it all in a yr or sooner bc ill be off in the military, another question, i currently have 4 guage but it would prly help alot if i went with 0 guage huh? i just bought some knu konceptz 0 guage flex

should be running 0 gauge and do the big 3 as well

but does the bl or btl hit the lows veyr well? and hows sound quality on them?

yeah i planned on getting a new alternator and doing the big 3 

but does the bl or btl hit the lows veyr well? and hows sound quality on them?

basically, they're designed to be louder than the Q. The enclosure will determine the rest

okay thanks alot im gonna look into those then, and a guy at the local audio store is trying to talk me into getting the 18" mmatts juggernaut? what do you guys think of them, yes no? its 2000 rms, and hes builing my box as well... total cost of it all is 918$

you can get a bl 18" and build your own box for half that. maybe less if you bought used. 

well i cant really build my own box, i dont have the equipment to do it, hes charging me 200 to build my box, is tht decent??? and whats options should i get if i go with the bl 18"

If you already have a q12 why not get a basket and recone to 18?

Please lets not get into another bl vs q debate. But the q defiantly does not lack output and will still get loud and sound good doing it.

i have no idea how to recone subs an all tht ive always been the one to buy name brand stuff like L7s, type rs, and the new t1s, ive owned nearly every name brand sub their is, jl, kicker,alpine fosgate, mtx, kenwoods, massive audio, orion, etc. but now im gettin into the good stuff lol my buddy wants me to buy an smd 18" the guy from our local car audio store wants me to but tht mmatts juggernaut 18", what sub should i get the cheaper the better, but price isnt very much an issue, what about sundown audio or dc audio, opinions needed, thanks alot