ilovebass23

My subwoofer arrived broken

I ordered my ssd 18 on the 18th of march. Revieved it today. april 18th. And when I opened my box the sub was sitting sideways. I have read forums on here about peoples subs arriving messed up and fi not fixing it so I decided to take pictures for proof. Will fi fix this or am I just screwed? I have a feeling its revenge for me complaining about build time. I have pictures on my computer, I just don't know how to put them on here, could anyone help me?

What is broken about the sub?

the metal ring that the cone is glued to, It is cracked in half.

the metal ring that the cone is glued to, It is cracked in half.

Damn, not a nice sight when receiving a new sub especially when waiting for it for a while.

Yep that sucks. If Fi determines it is their responsibility to honor a warranty they will issues you an RMA. Then you send the sub back in (you pay shipping both ways). My guess is probably another couple months till you get it back. 

From what I have been reading it may take a couple weeks till Fi comes to a determination.

ill have the pictures up in about ten min

That sucks. I can say for sure they did NOT do it on purpose. I thought their packaging was terrible when I received my q18 sideways and made a thread about it. Bottom line is they aren't going to change their packaging on the lighter weight subs because it is rare to have one damaged they said. Atleast I was lucky and everything functioned fine.

Did the box look beat up? Be sure you contact Fi via email. I'm sure they will take care of it.

It says the picture is too big for this community?

Send Nick an email nick@ficaraudio and he will get this taken care of.

It says the picture is too big for this community?

Probably have to shrink it, resize online.

Are you trying to attach it or did you host pic at photobucket?

I emailed them, but I emailed them several times asking about e sub and got no reply so I doubt they do anything, but dude im 17, and have worked my @ss of to get everthing for my first serious build and it broke.

idk what im doing, can one of you guys give me retard insructions

it says this.

You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.

That isn't Fi's fault, it is FedEx. Contact Fi, they may decide to fix it or they might have you make a shipping insurance claim. It will get fixed no matter what. Have no fear.

yeah man, idc how it get fixed but I want it fixed. An if I have to pay 50 bucks to send it there and 50 bucks to send it back im going to be p!ssed!!! it not my fault it broke. whoever broke it needs to pay for it, fi or fed ex. idc it just needs fixed, and not to mention ill have to wait another month and a half to get another one back. great.

This is one of those shit happens situations.  Fi can't control Fedex.  But it'll get fixed, don't worry about that.  You shouldn't end up having to pay anything.  If you need to send it back to Fi I believe they email you a shipping label to use.

Relax and wait for a response from Fi. 

That sucks :/ Hopefully the shipping company takes the hit.

Last time I got a package, I watched the UPS guy throwing boxes to the front of his truck, and then run up to my house threw my package towards the door, it hit the door.

He knocked twice, then ran back to his truck.

They just don't care at all.

Edited by SacredTanakh