Kodischlobohm

wattage for the FI BL 12

Allright so within the next month I will be ordering an FI BL 12 to put in my 98 mustang gt, I currently have a soundstream tx1.2000D mono block amp to power the BL. Also I will be running it at 1ohm, do you think the BL will be able to handle the watts or should I keep the amp around 1000-1500?  Any feedback is appreciated.  Just want to know your thoughts

That amp will be just fine. Just make sure the gains are set right so you don't clip it.

You can smoke that, or any driver, with an amp that will do 2000 watts RMS. 

There is no gain setting that can keep you from doing this.

You need to use all your senses to make sure you don't overpower the driver.

i'd dd1 the amp with a 0 db track and make sure bass boost is off on your amp and stereo. make sure its getting CLEAN power at all times

DD1 would be useless in this situation, and most others.

ive heard BL's will handle up to about 3k for a period of time. just take it easy on the knob set up your subsonic and make sure your gains are all set well. the 2k should be okay.

3K on a burp maybe. not much more then that....  daily, 1500 watts in the right box,  but also  like as stated you need to use your eyes nose ears ...

Please stop telling people about their gain settings and protecting their drivers.  Not only is it completely technically wrong, but you are leading people into false security.