toxicmods

New guy here just fryed my death penalty 18inch subs with dd m3b amps

Are the new digital designs amp too powerful for incriminator audio death penaltys 18inch subs I have two amps strapped doing close too 6400 whatts with two 100 shuriken batterys and basically stalk alt just heavy duty one running right at 14.7 volts but on lows dropped too 12.6 volts what caused the subs too burn up the coils and almost unwind it self these subs have lasted four years and hit 152.3 off them with no problems last year now this I thought they could do a lot more.

My post vanished?

??

Sounds like you did them in with too much power. A 1500 watt rms sub doesn't need 3200 watts thrown at it and be expected to survive for too long. Oh and 

:WELCOME:

are you trolling or????

i just don't see how they lasted as long as they have, they are rated at 1500 watts so you throw 3300 watts at each? ok,  then you say daily? 

and then to top it all all your telling me you have 6000 watts on 200 amp hours worth of battery?

well so far you have defied the basic laws of car audio for 4 years shit, your a lucky man,  makes me want to run out and get a pair if they take abuse like that!!!!

honestly, you have been clipping those subs by playing with low voltage, and you have been throwing tons of power at them... sounds to be like the glue that holds the coils to the former finaly baked and let loose.

welcome to ssa,.  hope you can pick up some stuff here and be back in action soon,

any pics of vids?

I haven't ever really posted pics or videos I used to have pics on my old phone still trying to configure how you all are saying im pushing too much power too them when there way under rated there the same as dd 9500 18inch subs and I know personally dd 9500 can handle 6000 whatts easy. So are you all saying ssa subs or sundown are better and can hold the power because my subs walked over sundown.

I haven't ever really posted pics or videos I used to have pics on my old phone still trying to configure how you all are saying im pushing too much power too them when there way under rated there the same as dd 9500 18inch subs and I know personally dd 9500 can handle 6000 whatts easy. So are you all saying ssa subs or sundown are better and can hold the power because my subs walked over sundown.

Nobody is saying any of that. The proof is in the pudding and you have burnt and locked coils. Too much power on the subs.

Speakers blow from too much power or exceeding mechanical limits, if the coils are locked you gave them too much power.

So my big major question is then guys how the hell am I going to fixs this problem with baby coming and all I cant afford a pot too piss in right now but as people know me around missouri I go the hell big or go home but my spending days are done after I just dropped basically two grand alone in amp that was my last buy now all this happens I almost knew when j bought them this was going to be bad on my subs couldn't the air space and box dimensions be wrong possibly making them heat up and not breath

I gotta get too bed guys keep me posted on stuff I will post some more stuff that the shop owner tells me and gotta call incriminator tomorrow about reconeing them if u know anyone wanting my 18ns there for sale as we speak

So my big major question is then guys how the hell am I going to fixs this problem with baby coming and all I cant afford a pot too piss in right now but as people know me around missouri I go the hell big or go home but my spending days are done after I just dropped basically two grand alone in amp that was my last buy now all this happens I almost knew when j bought them this was going to be bad on my subs couldn't the air space and box dimensions be wrong possibly making them heat up and not breathe?

You have to recone the subs like I said. There is no other way around it. Don't put so much power to them next time.

See thats the thing im completely stuck with the two amps I have and im wanting too run 6000 whatts what type of coils do I need too get and tell them dknt I need dual 2 at 4ohm or what is the best for what im doing too keep them from blowing so quickly and dose anyone know about the cubic air space there required too have

See thats the thing im completely stuck with the two amps I have and im wanting too run 6000 whatts what type of coils do I need too get and tell them dknt I need dual 2 at 4ohm or what is the best for what im doing too keep them from blowing so quickly and dose anyone know about the cubic air space there required too have

You cannot run a pair of DP's on that kind of power. What kind of coils do you need to get? Well some that can handle that much power, and it won't be on a DP.

Welcome to the site, please check out our TOS, we have a complaint already.

So basically what your stateing is they dont make such a thing... my other problems are I dont have higher then a 120 alt so how am I getting that much power out of them when just running one strand of 0 Guage wire and see people like running four I dont understand all this shit man but im about done with it all im sick of getting fucked around ive spent way too much money over three years for this too happen

there are ways around having a small alternator , like having a large battery bank... hell at this point you have no where near an adequate battery bank.

the only way your going to be able to run that kinda power on those subs is to burp it.. or play music for 30 seconds at a time.

i honestly dont see why your crying so much.. 4 years of you trashing those subs. and your mad because they blew?

The Death Penalty is not the same as a 9500., sorry. Second, a 9500 would eventually fry on 6000 watts. It may be 3 seconds, it may be three years, every installation is different.

trippy.gif

there are ways around having a small alternator , like having a large battery bank... hell at this point you have no where near an adequate battery bank.

the only way your going to be able to run that kinda power on those subs is to burp it.. or play music for 30 seconds at a time.

i honestly dont see why your crying so much.. 4 years of you trashing those subs. and your mad because they blew?

^^ This is exactly what I'm thinking.  It's truly amazing they lasted as long as they did, that is if the new M3B's you keep mentioning were on them the entire time.  If they weren't on those amps for the last three/four years then your answer should be self evident to anyone.  You CAN'T expect ANY brand or model of sub to last forever when you exceed the manufacturer's specifications, period, which is why 99.9% say up front the warranty is void when you do so.  Also, IMHO any manufacturer who claims you can run double rated power to their products without worry is very suspicious at the very least.

Most of us have seen where someone was able to give 4x rated power to a sub for a fairly long period of time without much trouble and we've also seen where someone has blown a good 2kw sub with a lousy 500 watts.  Speakers are dumb and they only do what you tell them to do in the environment you put them in.  Both the extremes I just mentioned were those rare cases that come up from time to time.  Technically speaking you can run any speaker with any amount of power, but at the same time once you exceed the speakers limits it's going to fail.  That's just the way it is.  It may happen very fast, it may take years, but it will certainly let you know (as yours have) when you've exceeded the limit that causes them to fail.

Power comes from alternator or battery(ies).

You can have your stock alternator and 1,000,000w of amps.   With enough batteries, all power would come from batteries.

You wanted to know where it came from, that's where it comes from.

The alternator is not built to be used as full duty. 

Whatever it's rated to do hot, let's say 120A, it will do that if the load reaches or exceeds 120A and will maintain that output as long as the load is still there.

Depending on how many batteries are in the vehicle, it could still be at 120A out from the alt if your batt bank is low.

And this is why high output alts are better..  They give more current.  Problem is some of these companies full duty cycles only last for about 40min whereas others last hours.

Primary component of failure in an alt is rectifier due to heat.  This is from too much current draw.

This happens from a combination of time and load.

You can have 10million watts of amps on stock alt and never destroy the stock alt.

It's all in how long you do it and the load that is produced.

I highly encourage you to research all this stuff so you know before you play like tirefryr said.

We, SPL-Lab, makes a device that will prevent this from happening.. batt failure, sub failure, amp failure, etc, with proper settings. 

But we would rather encourage you to LEARN how to do it yourself properly before using something to actively protect you.

We would feel bad having customers use this device with absolutely no knowledge on how to troubleshoot because in all honesty, you NEED some background experience to know how to set these devices up or you could set them to the wrong settings and not work correctly at all.

They can sometimes be Trial and Error tuning but some sort of experience is required to know how to start.

9500's take a good bit of abuse, they newer style ones do for sure. DP's will take a good bit of power, if it's clean, that's any sub really. When it's all said and done, I should be feeding my DP's and honest 2-2.5k which I feel they'll take without breaking a sweat. 

How much is this lab center deal your talking about and how do I run one I know alot about speakers and amps and voltage and what to tune most speakers too I just get really confused on wire configurations and ohm loads thats where I get lost and also in box building I wanna learn all this on my own with everyone's help. And another thing why do some people run more then one strand of 0 Guage wire whats the points behind all that please fill me in abd would that help me as well. Im running three batterys now one red top and two shurikens 100 hour batterys how many more do I need for the right set up and how big of a alt I can get up too a 370 amp alt from dc power but there 800 dollars kinda put of my price range.