Sign in to follow this  
R3dt34rz

Any input on Stetsom Amps before I order?

Gents,

I'm thinking of selling my Crescendo BC2Ks and going to a Stetsom 6K5ES 2ohm version. I like that it will do gobs of power (7200 watts) on 13.8 volts. I usually do about 14.3/5 on my HO alt. I have dual runs of power/ground ran, 3 XS power D3400 batts, and the big 3 done. I think my electrical is close or near up to par to support it. My questions mainly regard reliability. If I get the 6K would I be safe running it full tilt? I read these things don't like voltage over 14.9/15 volts so I'd like to think I'm relatively ok there. Just looking for any input/suggestions. Thanks all

Also Aaron do you have these in stock?  Shoot me a PM por favor.

I would keep what you have, or look into a different "upgrade". What are you looking to accomplish? 

Vote no on Stetsom Amplifiers

I would keep what you have, or look into a different "upgrade". What are you looking to accomplish? 

Well I'm looking for more power. My subs are D2, so I can either run them at 2ohms or .5. I'm thinking I could go with a BC5500D and buy the warranty but the gain in power there is only incremental. Any other suggestions?

The idea is to be able to run two Zcons with more power. The 4K works but I want a tad more.

Not for a daily driver!

I would stay with what you have. That's just my opinion.

Are you looking to gain output? Is that why you want more power?

You need a bunch more power to make it noticeable. I know your box is good but try it different positions.

If you can't get a gain you like how about a different box?

You need a bunch more power to make it noticeable. I know your box is good but try it different positions.

If you can't get a gain you like how about a different box?

Like the box I have was just wondering if I put more power to it would I benefit.

If its for daily then you won't hear the extra power you want to give it.

Absolutely 0 benefit in adding a few thousand watts.

I'm going to go ahead and order the Stetsom. These things will do rated at 12 volts rights? Gonna buy the 2 ohm version.

I'm going to go ahead and order the Stetsom. These things will do rated at 12 volts rights? Gonna buy the 2 ohm version.

So why did you start this thread again?

Why did you want people to give you advice?

I don't know if it's just me, but I only see advice AGAINST the stetsom.

See you in 3 weeks asking where the amp is, and 2 months later you ask us why it doesn't sound as loud or why it went up in smoke..

See you in 3 weeks asking where the amp is, and 2 months later you ask us why it doesn't sound as loud or why it went up in smoke..

Just wanted to have some input. I've been doing some digging around also. In the end I decided to try it out and see for myself. Is that ok with you?

Just wanted to have some input. I've been doing some digging around also. In the end I decided to try it out and see for myself. Is that ok with you?

Nope

I don't know if it's just me, but I only see advice AGAINST the stetsom.See you in 3 weeks asking where the amp is, and 2 months later you ask us why it doesn't sound as loud or why it went up in smoke..

Nope

Hahah! I figure worst can happen, it blows and I go back to using my Crescendos. Some reviews seem favorable, others don't. Edited by R3dt34rz

I don't know if it's just me, but I only see advice AGAINST the stetsom.See you in 3 weeks asking where the amp is, and 2 months later you ask us why it doesn't sound as loud or why it went up in smoke..

Nope

Hahah! I figure worst can happen, it blows and I go back to using my Crescendos. Some reviews seem favorable, others don't.

Try to get it serviced under warranty!

... Stetsom good luck selling it after you dong like it.