Sign in to follow this  
02BlackOnBlackSS

The System

Well, after a late night last Wednesday, the system is almost complete. All I have left to do is relocate my battery in the cubbyhole on the side and make a cover for it with the EQ flush mounted inside. Here are a few pictures from the weekend though:

Speakers.jpg

Amp_Rack.jpg

Whole_System_Layout.jpg

I love that install!!

Nice work, what are you using for a front stage?

Actually I did see that in your sig, I was just asking for pics in a more political way....

All that sweet ass work and you use drywall screws to secure the subs. Shame on you!!!

Looks great though.

Just an FYI incase you didn't know, make sure that battery is sealed from the passenger compartment and has a vent to the outside. Batteries give off explosive gases as they charge.

All that sweet ass work and you use drywall screws to secure the subs.  Shame on you!!!

Looks great though. 

Just an FYI incase you didn't know, make sure that battery is sealed from the passenger compartment and has a vent to the outside.  Batteries give off explosive gases as they charge.

Even if its a sealed optima?

(red top)

I had a yellow top back there before and nothing happened.

Also, what is wrong with the screws? They are black and seem to match everything.

You do the install yourself ?

Me and a friend did it.

Nice job.

How much did materials set you back ?

Not much at all. The vinyl was 9.95/yard and 1/4" mdf isn't very expensive.

And we did it at a shop so they had tons of that spray glue and staples so it wasn't bad at all.

sealed batteries dont need to be vented.

Clean...almos too clean...

ALL batteries will, I don't care what the manufacturer tells you. We have an Interstate distributor come in to replenish our stock every week, and we have given him back a few leaky Optimas, one of whom exploded when the idiot mechanic was smoking a cigarette while taking the old battery out. Granted, it's a freak ocurrence, but you should ALWAYS throw caution to the wind.

As for the screws, it would look a little better with some classier screws, but that's just my opinion. I like to notice the little details that are normally overlooked.