toxicmods

advice on on 18inch subs that will handle 6k whatts need new ones

You THINK you know more than you really do...

We're tryin to help you and you aren't listening.

I love when bigjon goes hard like that hahahahahahaha

Big jon seriously I dont need your two cents worth till your pushing numbers like I am and hold records then come talk with me about electrical my brothers a master in electrical I dont need rude ass remarks I was simply asking for help and advice on subs I have the power and the batteries to power subs they just couldn't withhold the power when running everyday at 155.4 db or running chaos rounds it just burt up the coil it can happen to any sub am I not right I understand the facts and laws of spl never said I didnt there much I have yet too learn but im not into building my own shit I have a sound team and shop owner for that and I have high respects for him and hes been doing this longer then most I kniw my alt needs too be 220 or a 370 but moneys a major problem right now so if you or anyone could kindly help me along with getting obe on here that will be subject too my car and setup wpuld be a great help and are the evils really great subs compared too dd 9500 or the z whats the difference

479_bob-says-you-fail.gif

Not claiming I know any more then anyone didn't I just state I dont know that much about the electrical world when it comes to audio damn... ive been listening ive asked all what I need to be doing with the car I have the two batterys in back and one in front what alt do I need to be looking into getting though in time before I ever get subs and what kind of battery bank do you all recommend I have two 100 shurikens so do i was thinking two more would be fine or do I need more with bigger alt as well. And what about running 0 Guage wire how many runs do u recommend im not looking for arguments what so ever guys im sorry that im not the most smart when it comes too the audio world like I said ive basically learned what I know from watching people 

Look into singer and tenney for H/O Alts since you said you were on a budget. I would say 2 more batteries at least. How many runs of 0 ga do you have now? Also are they ofc or cca?

I would run that ^ first and see how it handles the power then add more batteries until it's good. Was this just for competing or was it daily too?

This car is in honor of my grandparents so its a show slash spl daily driver. I understand you really cant have both worlds. But as far as 0ga I have one run going through the car its shuriken wire from what i know so is there any help there... I feel like everyone is pissed off from just asking questions and wanting to get more involved.

Just take the advice given. These guys know there shit.

I understand that but im just trying to get things configured and they come out like I have no since at all when im just wanting to know about products and know about what to do with my electrical and get it going where it needs to be at without destroying woofers. 

I understand that but im just trying to get things configured and they come out like I have no since at all when im just wanting to know about products and know about what to do with my electrical and get it going where it needs to be at without destroying woofers. 

Why don't you start with math? Ohm's Law and mathematics is all it takes. The shit isn't rocket science bro.

You have to understand something, people here aren't going to just recommend anything. They see your having a problem and try to help. Take it all in there just trying to help

I dont understand ohm loads and higher end stuff thats not my ball game im sorry now if you could tell me a great app or some place I coukd learn all this stuff im highly interested. Ive always wanted to get into box building and building my own box for the car sometime in the future. 

I dont understand ohm loads and higher end stuff thats not my ball game im sorry now if you could tell me a great app or some place I coukd learn all this stuff im highly interested. Ive always wanted to get into box building and building my own box for the car sometime in the future. 

http://www.the12volt.com/ohm/ohmslaw.asp

Oh man. Like others have suggested, upgrading your electrical should be priority one. From what I can see, I think you may be hard on your equipment, knowing this, I would suggest running an alternator with temp sensing, such as DC power or like. I wouldn't go cheap on products, especially if you don't know what stress signs to look for. Get the biggest you can afford, but remember, the biggest isn't always the best. For example, some 370s and 400s out there will get REALLY hot, they will also barely do anything at idle, so just do a bit of research. Also, Lifetime warranty doesn't mean jack shit, so don't pay too heavily on that as well. Next, I would look into batteries  For 6krms, I would highly recommend using at least 2-4 Large Group 31. They can be Deka intimidator  XS Power, Kinetik, Sears Platinum Plus, or hell, even Duracell sells them at your local Sam's Club. Then, I would pick up some 2/0 Welding cable, either locally or on the web. After all of this, then you may proceed to the enclosure and subwoofer(s). From personal experience, I have ran a Crescendo Audio BC5500 on my SSA Zcon for over 8 months, and now I'm on the SSA Evil, going on a few months as well, NO problems. You just got to be smart about it man. Listen to what we're telling you. But most of all, do your OWN research, and USE SPELL CHECK.

bcae1.com

This car is in honor of my grandparents so its a show slash spl daily driver. I understand you really cant have both worlds. But as far as 0ga I have one run going through the car its shuriken wire from what i know so is there any help there... I feel like everyone is pissed off from just asking questions and wanting to get more involved.

Sencheezy explains it good. People were getting pissed off due to the way you acted in the beginning. You came off as some douche who thinks he knows it all. You said all these crazy numbers you put up and I really don't see how that happened. Same with everyone else. At least now your listening and we can get you on the right track.

Before all of this went to wherever it did, I offered to come to you to help you out man. We both live in Missouri and I was going to volunteer my time and effort to help you. Instead you beat around the bush, and didn't give me much to go on. I won't give all the details, but there was help offered.

toxicmods, on 23 Apr 2013 - 23:32, said:snapback.png

Edited by BrutalBasser

Spend some time on your questions and proofreading your posts and people will spend as much time in answering and helping.

I read OPs like this and I just click close...

The person doing most the wireing is the shop owner I haven't touched the electrical thats all left too him I dont understand much of that work field I just use it as a daily driver and go too comps when I can with my team im going to get a better alt soon thats next on my list of things just trying to find the best one for the money

call the alt companies and figure out what would be best for you. They are obviously the pros so they would know best.

You should really learn how to do all this yourself, it'll save you shit tons of money.