A.SMALL

EMF Audio Ermagerd 15

Looks like an over glorified 15" sub to me. Not very original either since partly looks like a Sundown knock-off. Ftmfl.

If you know who Sean Belanger is then you would understand why it looks like a Sundown product.

Looks like an over glorified 15" sub to me. Not very original either since partly looks like a Sundown knock-off. Ftmfl.

If you know who Sean Belanger is then you would understand why it looks like a Sundown product.

Their company website used to be sundownonly.com and there is all kinds of sundown offered on there

406689_474467762604725_1823050423_n.jpg

68799_475911429127025_455871393_n.jpg

774762_495058423878992_212681468_o.jpg

73867_471503436234491_1525337905_n.jpg

Yea looks beastly ..

They also said their woofers will be complety manufactured in the U.S. with no "off the shelf parts" and "not a cookie cutter" sub lol.

..there's a big difference in assembled in the states, and manufactured in the states.

that is NOT manufactured in the states.

anyone can glue something together and sell it...somebody will buy it

T/S ??

I can just imagine. K2

I was curious if they did as I would guess....which is to design a sub with huge (claimed) excursion, and then set the T/S in such a manor that it's only useful in ported enclosures which sort of nullifies the entire necessity of huge excursion limits.

I'll reserve the rest of my comments until after seeing the T/S.

Ha, the reservation isn't founded, otherwise they T/S would have already been posted.  Anyone who ever orders anything as a pre-order without full disclosure of specifications is getting screwed and misled.  I'll bet money the driver is going to be absolutely effed.  

That's the way of the internet market YO!  Pre-orders on products no one has heard due to no actual production model being in existence.  

~~~~~

On a serious note, in the last 5-7 years or so, (was just discussing this with SDY), it is not about research and development (not referring to this sub as I cannot speak much on it) in general.   The market has swung to mostly "OH look, NEW and SHINY!!!  MUST HAVE NOW!"  Hence so many pre-orders from completely new companies with no product, only to be followed by successive pre-orders.  Now, there are some companies that can actually afford the product run that they are offering a pre-order too (Sundown and Crescendo might be the ONLY two I can think of) most all others are using the pre-order funds to finance the first build run of product.  Meaning, there is no need to start a company, build any equity or savings to start product development, when the customers can pay for it from the get go.

Yea looks beastly ..

They also said their woofers will be complety manufactured in the U.S. with no "off the shelf parts" and "not a cookie cutter" sub lol.

..there's a big difference in assembled in the states, and manufactured in the states.

that is NOT manufactured in the states.

anyone can glue something together and sell it...somebody will buy it

"Handmade , built to order, assembled in America" is what i meant not "Manufacturer of raw parts" , bad choice of vocab on my part especially with how sensitive the subject of "Manufactured in the USA" is nowadays. MY BAD

It looks like a Sundown product because the website from the link said it used Sundown parts.

I hate the saying "ermahgerd". My stepbrother says it sometimes and I just wanna punch him in the face lol

I think car audio is crossing the line where products are being designed (and sold) to specifications way above what the normal enthusiast can use. Take this sub for instance: $1400, over 100lbs, 6500wrms. Not many people can afford and properly use this. Yikes, I don't even want to think about the size of enclosure this will need.

What is the design goal for this sub? I doubt it will be usefull for sq or serious spl comp.

lol i just talked about this sub lastnight on my facebook,

looks like the Z4 with a added slug more inputs and a 4 inch VC

then i was told it it in bed with sundown... and now that i see more pics of it  the pics seem to be taken at jacobs shop and that looks like his watch

EMF AUDIO (via Facebook) :

Since there seems to be some skeptics and general disbelief of product existence (apparently pics and video isn't enough) and several others just asking, here ya go, Ermagerd 15 d2 parameters:

Re 2.8766 ohms
Fs 28.33 hz
Qes 0.4968
Qms 5.5971
Qts 0.4563
Le 3.2838 mH
Vas 42.9541 L
BL 23.9283 N/A
MMS 555 grams
Sens. 84.68 dB @ 1w/1m
Sens. 89.12 dB @ 2.83v

The Qts will drop a little and BL will go up a little from the motor revision we're waiting on. Inductance will drop as well.

The woofer is an OEM project for Sean (EMF) assembled here. As it does use our patented frames that would be expected.

People asked for a woofer like this so he is offering it to those people -- it's definitely not for everyone nor is it designed to be a massive quantity selling driver.

I am not sure if Sean comes over to SSA to answer further questions; but I imagine they could be posted on the EMF Facebook.

-----

As for excursion in a ported box; we have plenty of Team members driving woofers beyond x-mech of our old parts in ported boxes even around tuning for bass boxing. This is why we made new parts with significantly more clearance. This is carrying over to daily as well ; if you check out some videos of our Z v.4 in the little VW Golf we are using about 4" p-p around tuning (in this case tuning is in the high 20s) reliably -- it achieves a pretty impressive 145.5 dB at 25 hz in a super basic enclosure as well. Many other customers with similar goals used two Z v.3s for the same output in this range.

This is still yet not for everyone -- not everyone NEEDS that but we offer it for those that need or want it :)

Edited by sundownz

Not to knock Sundown as they do provide some great stuff, but even in the video it sounded like the guy was, I don't know, embarrassed to call the sub by name? Looks like a fun sub that could do some damage but putting a name on it like that is just.......I don't even have the words. Good luck...

Not to knock Sundown as they do provide some great stuff, but even in the video it sounded like the guy was, I don't know, embarrassed to call the sub by name? Looks like a fun sub that could do some damage but putting a name on it like that is just.......I don't even have the words. Good luck...

I thought the name was a clever marketing technique personally.

also 84db @ 1w? thats fairly low compared to similar drivers like this that I've seen.

Seems designed more for show/bragging rights by the price, limited number, large excursion, large RMS, and name.

also 84db @ 1w? thats fairly low compared to similar drivers like this that I've seen.

Seems designed more for show/bragging rights by the price, limited number, large excursion, large RMS, and name.

The sensitivity doesn't mean anything by itself. So even if it low it doesn't mean it won't be as loud as others with higher sensitivity.

Only my opinion, and I'm sure I'm in the minority.  This subwoofer stuff is getting out of control.  It seems as if everybody and his brother is coming out with "their own" sub.  Seems like one is stumbling over the other to try and top every one else.  I don't know, just all seems a little ridiculous.  droolcup.gif

The sensitivity doesn't mean anything by itself. So even if it low it doesn't mean it won't be as loud as others with higher sensitivity.

You assume too much, I never said it was the deciding factor to how loud a sub was...

simply making an observation...

Edited by SacredTanakh

Only my opinion, and I'm sure I'm in the minority.  This subwoofer stuff is getting out of control.  It seems as if everybody and his brother is coming out with "their own" sub.  Seems like one is stumbling over the other to try and top every one else.  I don't know, just all seems a little ridiculous.  droolcup.gif

It does create competition though which is good, drives down price, and ups quality in some cases. Although cheap Chinese drivers have flooded the market over the years, that part is not so good.

You assume too much, I never said it was the deciding factor to how loud a sub was...

simply making an observation...

I didn't know if you knew that or not. I was just letting you know just incase since not a lot of people do know that and sometimes will make a purchase just on sensitivity. Sorry about that.

ermahgerd-girl-berbles-bubbles-meme.jpg?

funny-dog-playing-ball-ermahgerd-pics.jp

rW6eo.jpg

The dog with the soccer ball is great.