A.SMALL

EMF Audio Ermagerd 15

New company to me , seen some of their post recently on Facebook and seems interesting to say the least..

https://m.facebook.com/EMFAudio?id=461806803870821&_rdr

Funny I thought I was looking at a Sundown Zv4 with a different dust cap from the pics I saw but after seeing the video I believe this is their first sub that they will be putting on the market...

EMF Audio Ermagerd 15

50 mm linear Xmax

4" 8-Layer Coil

6500 rms

Cool ..

That's one massive woofer. I wonder if it can handle 6500 rms daily though. Time will tell the tale

Yea looks beastly ..

They also said their woofers will be complety manufactured in the U.S. with no "off the shelf parts" and "not a cookie cutter" sub lol.

Yea looks beastly ..

They also said their woofers will be complety manufactured in the U.S. with no "off the shelf parts" and "not a cookie cutter" sub lol.

Where is a link to them saying the above?

Can you link the video? They don't show on mobile devices.

Former owner of sundownonly.com.? Thats what A Video is titled. He's a member here, purchased an sa12 from him few years ago. Friend of Jacob. I'm interested to see what he's got goin. Hope he comes around to answer questions

I went to YouTube and found others

Former owner of sundownonly.com.? Thats what A Video is titled. He's a member here, purchased an sa12 from him few years ago. Friend of Jacob. I'm interested to see what he's got goin. Hope he comes around to answer questions

Yes that's probably him they changed their fb name from Sundown Only to EMF Audio recently I believe.

I like the looks of their line, I saw these awhile back, they've been in pre-order for at least 4 months.

T/S ??

I can just imagine. K2

Yea looks beastly ..

Funny since that sub is all Chinese in the video.

I don't get the trend with ridiculous power levels.  What is the point?

T/S ??

I can just imagine. K2

Thiele/Small = 6500 rms & 50 mm linear xmax ...both ways lol

But they asked who would like to see T/S parameters on fb earlier today but none have been posted yet ..

T/S ??

I can just imagine. K2

I was curious if they did as I would guess....which is to design a sub with huge (claimed) excursion, and then set the T/S in such a manor that it's only useful in ported enclosures which sort of nullifies the entire necessity of huge excursion limits.

I'll reserve the rest of my comments until after seeing the T/S.

T/S ??

I can just imagine. K2
I was curious if they did as I would guess....which is to design a sub with huge (claimed) excursion, and then set the T/S in such a manor that it's only useful in ported enclosures which sort of nullifies the entire necessity of huge excursion limits.

Your statement about high excursion and ported enclosures was something I was thinking about over the weekend while watching my Xcon . With most ported enclosures having minimal excursion around tuning and a subsonic limiting excursion below. Is it safe to say that high excursion is only useful in sealed applications?

Another $800 woofer but I love that it comes in the 12" too

T/S ??

I can just imagine. K2

Ha, the reservation isn't founded, otherwise they T/S would have already been posted.  Anyone who ever orders anything as a pre-order without full disclosure of specifications is getting screwed and misled.  I'll bet money the driver is going to be absolutely effed.  

Another Sean Belanger woofer apparently.

hmmm. Would be interested in how they sound musically. 

This , I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.

This , I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.

So that means there has been others?

the woofer looked quite impressive in the video, sure to get a few people if it is scam of sorts.

Looks like an over glorified 15" sub to me. Not very original either since partly looks like a Sundown knock-off. Ftmfl.