CARgoB00M

So I got my Q12 after 6 weeks....Should I even hook this up?

So my q12 arrived on Wednesday to my work (where I have all shipments sent) but I was out sick for two days and I come into work this morning to find the box with a big hole in one side and looking very rough.

https://plus.google.com/photos/116140861359253571917/albums/5871144803493812177

The magnet has damage all the way around the bottom edge, cracks and pieces chipped off. I have not attempted to hook it up yet and my question is should I even bother...

From the photo's, it appears to just be cosmetic damage from shipping.

I would fully inspect and take lots of pictures for a shipping claim, then test.

what nemesis said. I'd put it back in the box exactly how it came, take a thousand pictures in sequence of you removing it from the box. Of course keep all packaging stuff.. then test it out completely.

what nemesis said. I'd put it back in the box exactly how it came, take a thousand pictures in sequence of you removing it from the box. Of course keep all packaging stuff.. then test it out completely.

I like that. :)

i would send it back.. it may only be cosmetic but it will KILL your resale value when your ready to  step up.

i know it sucks you wait so long and now you have to wait even longer. but thats what i would do.

I am not concerned with resale, what does concern me is that I was considering ordering more of these for my show car build. I am not real comfortable with the quality of packing for something of this weight. Considering the time it takes to receive these after ordering the last thing I want is to receive a broken/damaged but functional sub.

That funny, because I was very pleased with how my sp4 was shipped.. foam surround protector, lower foam magnet seat, plastic bag, birch crate and even the cardboard box was in very good condition.

I guess it depends on what FedEx loader/unloader handles your sheit. I dont know if it complies, but maybe Fi should mark their boxes fragile? Even though its crated and protected.

I am with Jon on this one. Email FI and ship the sub back, or figure out a claim with Fedex.

the bigger subs like the BTL the SP4s and such are packed difffrently

I have tried to email the company directly at tech@ficaraudio.com (like their warranty paperwork says) but that is an invalid email. So I have emailed it to sales@ficaraudio.com and of course no one answers the phone there and the mailbox is full. Anyone have a suggestion how I could get a hold of someone at FI to get this resolved?

nick should  visit this topic soon

Yeah, thats nasty. It will work but would not be up to my standards. Whoever recieved it should have refused it.

Out of my 8 xcon 10s I had shipped the very same way one was damaged like that. Shippers treat small heavy objects like that. Fi has been doing this for a long time they know how to ship but the shippers destroy stuff.

Our FedEx rep told us not to put fragile stickers on our equipment since they don't treat those boxes as nice. Our stuff varies from $100-900k as shipped. A few times a year shit gets ducked in shipping always when you need it most to not.

when i worked at UPS those stickers meant nothing. its just another box!  i find that USPS treats things better aslong as they are under 50 LBS

Yeah the btl and sp4 are crated. I had the same issue with my q last year albeit not near as bad. I made a thread about it and pretty much it was said that the percentage of damage was small enough that it wasn't going to change. It sucks and I would gladly pay a little extra to be carted like the other 2 but that wouldn't happen either.

I understand shippers beat the hell out of stuff but I'd like to give it a better chance atleast.

But like m5 said it is still going to happen here and there.

It doesn't need crating like the other subs but it does need more support to keep it from moving around in the shipping box. I am experienced in the packing and shipping department and I can tell that this sub was not tight enough in the box and had to much wiggle room and worked itself sideways. It isn't really a big deal  as long as the MINOR loss of magnet doesn't affect the performance of the sub.

I did go ahead and install the sub and I must say that I quite impressed that the sub functions perfectly (at least to my ears) and I started the break in period today. I am also completely blown away by the sound this thing produces it is absolutely the cleanest sub I have ever heard and the difference between my old sub (a JL 12w3v2) is amazing to say the least. Even after receiving it the way I did I am probably going to continue to put my faith in this brand. 

I just hope they put a little more effort into their packaging on the "lower/mid level" items they make. Keep making these amazing hand-made miracles and keep hiring people. I see you guys making a huge impact in the future of car audio period.

I've never had this kind of problem with FedEx.  Whenever I have gotten stuff from FedEx the box's are always in great condition, every time I get something from UPS it looks like they tied the box to the bumper and drove it to my house.

Glad the sub is working for you and you are enjoying it though!  I definitely enjoyed my Q when I had it.

please please please please file a shipping claim with fedex

..this is two in a a week since i've been back, we didn't have two in 7-8 months

something is going on and they're being rougher on packages so we'll have to change things a little bit, all of the boxes are tight and cut down, if it is dropped 6-8 feet on its side it will bust that bottom box and then the sub spins sideways in the packaging :(..typically this does not happen, but two in a week is crazy.

see told ya :D

and oh yes the Q is a great sub. gets plenty loud and lowww.... its a great sub.

nick is right if shit is not stirred then the problem wont be addressed

I can tell you this when my Evil was delivered I watched the ups guy toss it onto other boxes crushing them. Once he saw I was standing there he got a funny look on his face and I said I will need yo inspect mine before he leaves. He stayed until I said all was good.

lol when my nigthshade V1s were in route, i huted the UPS guy down.. and he gave me the first box, but the second one he was approching the steps of the truck and dropped it.. and fells hit the steps then hit the ground. and i was likeWHOA!! WTF dude.

but honestly sundown packs subs so well;.. 3 cardbored boxs, two huge pillows of foams.. that shit goes no where.