mlcantin

Dc audio never ceases to amaze me (sarcasm alert)

So this the story guys. I "supposedly" have 2 DC level 3 15s dual 4s and am currently running maybe 500 rms total. I set gains with a dd1 and everything is set the way it should be. Crossovers have also been properly set for my application. These subs apparently have no cooling capability whatsoever has I can hear the dust cap rattling from too much heat.... I pucking hate these things and don't know why I bought them. Any suggestions on if I am wired at the amp wrong? I am wired at 4 ohms total load right now but I don't know. I have a precision power black ice 1800d and I heard the wiring for this amp is a little different? Any help would be appreciated

Sincerely,

Mlcantin

how do you have your subs wired. in parallel or series? high chances are, dc isnt the sub choice for you. what are you trying to do with your app spl, or sound quality.

Set your gain by ear, the DD1 is useless for what you are doing. Take a picture of your subwoofer wiring.

With the very little info given. I'd go as far to assume that you have the coils out of phase.

Set your gain by ear, the DD1 is useless for what you are doing. Take a picture of your subwoofer wiring.

I did both. Gain by eat and by dd1 and still rattling.

how do you have your subs wired. in parallel or series? high chances are, dc isnt the sub choice for you. what are you trying to do with your app spl, or sound quality.

they sound decent and are loud to boot. Cooling just doesn't work apparently

i set my gains with a cat turd. its about the same as a DD1.. it seems like you may have another issue .

but

dc blows IMO.

If you're playing a song on tuning it's not going to cool..the coils don't move enough to cool anything

How are you determining that the cooling isn't working?

what do you mean the cooling doest work.. who told you this.. and explain how  the cooling stops working?

With the very little info given. I'd go as far to assume that you have the coils out of phase.

And what does this look like?

what do you mean the cooling doest work.. who told you this.. and explain how  the cooling stops working?

its DC.....

I had a sundown e12 and it slammed. Didn't sound that great though but it took abuse. The dcs sound way better but can't take power

Not a very good comparison.

The cooling is working because the dust cap is hot and when I touch the coil it is very hot to the touch. On 250 rms per sub

If you ran 250 watts thru those subs for a period of time and physically touched the coil im surprised it didn't burn the piss out if you.

oh hell.

i had some minor issues with my XLs not liking 3k per sub over 40sec at a time.. 

I attenuated it to a non-clipped output and would start stinking after 2min.. so i gave up, lol.. 

This is M1s.. hopefully M2s are better.

The cooling is working because the dust cap is hot and when I touch the coil it is very hot to the touch. On 250 rms per sub

Some heat is normal. How do you know they are getting 250 a piece?

If you're playing a song on tuning it's not going to cool..the coils don't move enough to cool anything

@ tuning 

DD-1 works fine, if you use it right. Not setting your gains with -15....

Some heat is normal. How do you know they are getting 250 a piece?
rough approximate through mathematical calculations

i had some minor issues with my XLs not liking 3k per sub over 40sec at a time.. 

I attenuated it to a non-clipped output and would start stinking after 2min.. so i gave up, lol.. 

This is M1s.. hopefully M2s are better.

I have the m2s bleh

@ tuning 

DD-1 works fine, if you use it right. Not setting your gains with -15....

Maybe if you listen to the tone that you set it with and nothing else...