Sign in to follow this  
PHATBOi

US Acoustics USX Amps?

Is it true only the first run was actually built by Zed and then after that they sent the design to Korea to be built? Also, it's only a true Zed if it has the silkscreen Zed logo on the board correct? Thanks.

Is it true only the first run was actually built by Zed and then after that they sent the design to Korea to be built? Also, it's only a true Zed if it has the silkscreen Zed logo on the board correct? Thanks.

Mantz made the ones without the blue light strip on the front.

Not sure about the answer but I know they always say the ZED boards are almost always stamped.... there is that guy on eBay selling used ones but they are Korean made

USB here, USX not.  ;)

Yeah, I got two from the guy on ebay. First one had a Zed stamped board but came with a loose cap on the board. I resoldered it and hooked it up. It green lighted, no protect, but had no output. Dude on ebay sent me another one and I sent him back the first. Second one wasn't a Zed board. Had it playing for a few weeks and it just smoked a fet today out of the blue. I will NEVER buy from that guy again.

On the bright side I picked this up from my bro-in-law for $20 when the USX blew. Old school Japanese SQ FTMFW! Sounds cleaner and is louder than the USX anyways.

CAM00027_zpse7b35f86.jpg

Edited by PHATBOi