Dangercdv

Best 10s for me?

I don't understand why you're so stubborn with your trunk space?  You could always build a box in the trunk... 

This guy has a 2000 mustang with 2 12" and he folds his back seat down with the port firing in the cabin.

http://www.caraudioforumz.com/install-related-17/help-enclosed-trunk-2000-mustang-165863/

You said u cannot fold down your back seat, are you sure?

Edit:  In that thread it also mentions removing the 6x9's from the rear to allow more airflow

Edited by SGunnem

I don't understand why you're so stubborn with your trunk space? You could always build a box in the trunk...

This guy has a 2000 mustang with 2 12" and he folds his back seat down with the port firing in the cabin.

http://www.caraudioforumz.com/install-related-17/help-enclosed-trunk-2000-mustang-165863/

You said u cannot fold down your back seat, are you sure?

Edit: In that thread it also mentions removing the 6x9's from the rear to allow more airflow

There's the difference between a convertible and a coupe. It is difficult to get bass out of any convertible.

Yeah... my seats dont fold down, my trunk is crazy small, im a little guy and I cant even fit in there! (no kidnapping for me)

I had these boxes built and they are much improved over the old sealed ones, im happy with the boxes. The only way I can fit that much airspace into the trunk is to create 2 seperate boxes, as my trunk opening is also VERY small. PLEASE dont recomend new boxes. These were custom made to fit the shape of my trunk to take up as much space as I could.

When I get home later today I will post a picture of my setup (it looks really cheap but its very effective for small space)

Mustang custom sub boxes

These are my 2 boxes, that each on their own JUST managed to slide into the trunk opening.

They slide back and fit well, leaving a small space on one side where  my amp now is, and I can place small things, which I need from time to time.

NOW THE BOXES ARE TOGETHER AND THE AMP IS ON ONE SIDE. 

as mentioned above, those subs should be able to handle that power just fine, obviously you've got the settings fucked up.

my other observations is that  the port area looks small to me. 3" ports right? i don't have time to look up specs and calculate it right now. personally, i would spend your budget on building a fiberglass enclosure to maximize the available space. the equipment isn't the problem, its your install.

2, 2inch ports. I know there small, but its allot better than the previous setup. (Sealed)

So it would be a waste of money if I replaced these with any of the subwoofers I suggested? (or any other in budget subwoofer)

I guessi l just wait until I get an SUV so I have room for more than this 

2, 2inch ports. I know there small, but its allot better than the previous setup. (Sealed)

So it would be a waste of money if I replaced these with any of the subwoofers I suggested? (or any other in budget subwoofer)

I guessi l just wait until I get an SUV so I have room for more than this 

they're way too small! 

http://www.bitpusher.in/?p=portarea#bottom

Definitely would benefit more spending the same money on a box than subs.

It was going to be either a single 2, or 3 inch port, so I decided on the two, 2 inch ports. Believe it or not, its a big step up from a sealed box the same size. 

As already been said multiple times here and your other threads the boxes are no where near ideal. As I have said before sell the kickers and buy ONE high xmax 12 Preferably something along the lines of an Xcon, and have a proper box built with proper port area.

omg, for the last time, I cant put a bigger box in my trunk!!!!!
My trunk opening doesnt allow much AT ALL!

the only way would be to build it INSIDE the trunk, and im not going there because I need it to be removable.

the only way would be to build it INSIDE the trunk, and im not going there because I need it to be removable.

If you are not able to build another enclosure, then you can't really upgrade.

Dangercdv, on 02 May 2013 - 20:23, said:

Why do you assume that the sub has to be completely vertical?

The real omg is why you think swapping a driver using your currently half baked setup is going to yield you anything. It will just waste your money. The other options being laid out on the other hand will do what you are asking.

I was asking if it would be a waste of money, I got my answer, and thank you for that, but I am saying, with the deminsions of my trunk, a possible decent ported box for any size sub WILL NOT FIT.

Im just tired of telling people I cant fit a box in there. It would have to be easily removable. 

NO SHIT. Your problem is you haven't a clue what you are doing and are arguing with someone that has designed and built thousands of enclosures. And have built well over 100 enclosures for mustangs. All bodies both coupe and convertible.

I have not one time told you to build a bigger box. BECAUSE I KNOW WHAT WILL OR NOT FIT IN A CONVERTIBLE MUSTANG. And two of those subs in a proper box ain't gonna fit.

Now if you have enough sense to use someone else's knowledge and experience to your advantage you will get some cardboard and make the largest box that you can put in and remove and ill model a box for you.

Iv been through to many boxes, il just stick to these. 
iv already measured for a the biggest possible box I can fit in there, thats where I ended up with the 2 boxes I have now. 

There are what I want them to be, I KNOW THE PORT IS SHIT, and could be much improved with other boxes but im done with that.
I was just asking about the drivers, I got my answer, i really dont want to try and do more boxes, it wont be much longer until I get a new car anyway, Im trying to get the best out of this one.

Those boxes are horrible.  You could have a better design for those same drivers in that trunk...

I wanna meet these boxes, they must be very sexy for you to be this attached.

LOL you could easily have a box built that would allow you to put that amp on top instead of taking valuable space sitting there.  Did these boxes save your life or get you some ass one time or something?  why are you so in love with them?  A new box doesn't mean bigger, it could mean better port tuning and a shared port for both 10's.

Some guys build 3-4 boxes until they get the best design/port tuning for their specific subwoofers

I'm guessing that you're not getting the response you want because you're starving the subs of air with minimal box/port size.  Not to mention the acoustic nightmare from convertables. 

Can we get a pic of your amplifier settings?

Lol, I'm not that attached. Its my third set of boxes, and I had a family friend do it and I don't want to ask him again after he worked so hard on these. I will make a pic of the amp settings when I get home today.

I got my answer tho for my question so there's no need. Unless you know a design already I can use for a mustang convertible...

I'm so sick of messing with boxes... I cant wait to get a different car

I was also thinking about inverting the subs, would that help at all?

Not one bit.

Alrighty then. I can't take a picture right now but these are my amp settings.

My lpf is around 150 Hz.

My bass boost is at 0.

My gain is right at the halfway mark.

I agree, but I'm also not going to say not to do it either.

The air space difference will be almost negligible and therefore any difference will likely not be audible.  But hey, it's simple and free to try.

As already been said multiple times here and your other threads the boxes are no where near ideal. As I have said before sell the kickers and buy ONE high xmax 12 Preferably something along the lines of an Xcon, and have a proper box built with proper port area.

;)