Sign in to follow this  
jprix82

SSD high Qts for bandpass?

I plan on doing a 4th order build for 2 SSD 10's and was wondering if I should go with the high QTS option?

I plan to have them in a 3^ft @47hz(50^in port),1^ft sealed BP box,sound good?

Why do you want to use a bp enclosure? And if you have to ask this question you shouldn't be designing a bp enclosure.

Why do you want to use a bp enclosure? And if you have to ask this question you shouldn't be designing a bp enclosure.

Why wouldnt I want to use a BP? Im going to assume you think bandpasses are one note fart boxes like you assumed I dont know how to design one,which BTW wont be my first.

Thanks for your input though,i REALLY appreciate it.

Why wouldnt I want to use a BP? Im going to assume you think bandpasses are one note fart boxes like you assumed I dont know how to design one,which BTW wont be my first.

How are you going to design it? And maybe you should answer the question in my original post instead of acting like an ass.

Oh yeah, how did you design it if you don't even know which version of the sub you're using?

Never said i had a degisn set in stone,only had a plan which might not work depending on how high the qts is.

Im done going back and forth with you.Im not about to have more posts explaining myselft to you then i have ever posted since i joined in 06.

Oh yeah, how did you design it if you don't even know which version of the sub you're using?

Never said i had a degisn set in stone,only had a plan which might not work depending on how high the qts is.

Im done going back and forth with you.Im not about to have more posts explaining myselft to you then i have ever posted since i joined in 06.

I edited my post before you posted this. My mistake on thinking you had already designed it. You aren't going to get much help here acting the way you are so good luck.

Standard QTS works solid in the 4th orders..

Jesus F'n Christ...

At least NDMstang65 gave you some good advice.

Have you modeled either driver yet?  You can't just pick a ratio, that is not how you design a 4th order bandpass.

You need to take your driver, model it for a decently flat response curve (one that doesn't look like an Indian Tee-Pee) and keep the gain somewhere less than a few db over reference.  Once you do this, you will start to see that arbitrarily picking a ration is not the best way to go about things... All drivers will behave differently in the same alignment, you need to tailor the alignment to the driver.

Exactly, you should have let the thread die with him being the last poster.

IHaven't modeled either because 1)didn't feel like it yet 2) I'm still looking for the high qts specs.

Its seems because my post count is low and I posted a plan/idea of my starting point of the design(which I shouldn't have, obviously) the first response was basically telling me I should quit a audio, that's how I took it anyway, sorry if it wasn't intended that way.

Like I said earlier, basically my question was what are the t/s specs with the high qts option.

Either way, thanks for the input.

/thread

"Exactly, you should have let the thread die with him being the last poster"

OK, I'm done helping too...

Sign in to follow this