Sign in to follow this  
silenkiller

FI SP4 Inverted Motor Noise (wtf)

i was asking where your from because i have a Zcon i would sell localy , it needs to be inverted and would sell at a great price

Direct quote from Nick @ Fi - 

"The cooling is definitely going to make noise, that's just a byproduct of it working properly." 

So yeah, the subs fine, but I assure you, if you mount this thing inverted you won't like it. So just a warning to others who might consider this - I think the way Fi designs their cooling makes their subs not so good for inverted. 

Interesting. I had a couple subs mounted inverted with pole vents and never had issues. My Fi IB315's are inverted but they do not have a pole vent.

That's interesting, because my Evil Makes no noise. Nothing that makes me want to turn it down. I do hear the cooling SOMEtimes when playing notes in like, the lower 20s, but even then, I have to listen for it for me to notice.

Direct quote from Nick @ Fi - 

"The cooling is definitely going to make noise, that's just a byproduct of it working properly." 

So yeah, the subs fine, but I assure you, if you mount this thing inverted you won't like it. So just a warning to others who might consider this - I think the way Fi designs their cooling makes their subs not so good for inverted. 

Interesting. I had a couple subs mounted inverted with pole vents and never had issues. My Fi IB315's are inverted but they do not have a pole vent.

IB3's have different cooling and have 3 holes in the back plate that doesn't compress the air and doesn't work as good as the other cooling that we use, the older ones had pole vents.

Hmm.. the magnet on my SP4 has no hole in the middle/bottom, just a flat sticker. Is that the same as your evil sencheezy?

Bigjon, thanks but I just re-worked the box for now .

Hmm.. the magnet on my SP4 has no hole in the middle/bottom, just a flat sticker. Is that the same as your evil sencheezy?

Bigjon, thanks but I just re-worked the box for now .

Yes, same on my Evil. 

Pictures of the box before and after you fixed it or a video showing the noise your talking about

Sign in to follow this