Meh..............

Thanks Alton, that helps me understand somewhat.

There are many other brands I could ask this same question. I understand the DDZ is expensive as hell because of the neo magnets. It is good to know what you are buying, so with any product, research should be done on why it is worth the amount it is, no matter the cost.

My intentions are purely educational. You guys are so dramatic. I was hoping for a machinist point of view to say the materials are this and we do this which takes an extra week. Instead theres two pages of nonsense, yet I made this thread this morning so the big wigs haven't had a chance to put in yet.

The only one being dramatic is you. Your questions were answered, however, not to your liking. If you want specifics, then state that. Most people want a simple answer which was provided. I won't even bother with your nonsense comment.

Are you blind? The OP says PLEASE TRY TO BE SPECIFIC/TECHNICAL IN YOUR ANSWER

If I wanted a simple answer I would not have typed, PLEASE TRY TO BE SPECIFIC/TECHNICAL IN YOUR ANSWER

And the dramatic people are those defending SSA when noone is attacking SSA, and why are you guys so defensive anyways, is there something not being said?

90% of the answers I got were from people who do not know what they are talking about like yourself tire, saying because it is made in USA. Real good input and helpful to boot.....

So don't get butthurt and go banning me or something. There is what, 1 new thread here a week, and I now see why.

LOL. If you only knew half of what I know.

From the 15" Xcon.....

monstrously bumped back plate - is this unique to SSA woofers only?  What exactly is this?

3" round, 2.6" long, 4 layer Aluminum voice coil - Is the 4layer of coil what makes the SQ apsect?  Is an aluminum voice coil better than copper for SQ?

What is a shorting ring?

Are NOMEX spiders something the other guys don't have?

Is the SSA woofer something designed from the ground up without using/paying royalties for patented designs?

These are thing that could be said that could give a more technical answer on why SSA is the top dog in its class.

I guess I will repeat my OP question since it has obviously been lost in you guys saying I am asking about business and production costs......

I want to know what it is about them (the SSA woofer) that makes them worth it?

For example:

Crescendo is worth it because they use military boards and are .5ohm stable daily

Fi BTL is worth it because they used neo magnets

and try not to argue my examples, as they are just examples you drama queens

You guys would rather post pointless shit then wait

for someone who knows the real answer to post

I refuse to accept the answers of business and production costs in the USA as answers, as I am looking for why the SPEAKER is considered higher end

So excuse me for never heard SSA before and wanting more education on what I am potentially going to buy. 

I guess I will repeat my OP question since it has obviously been lost in you guys saying I am asking about business and production costs......

For example:

Crescendo is worth it because they use military boards and are .5ohm stable daily

I refuse to accept the answers of business and production costs in the USA as answers, as I am looking for why the SPEAKER is considered higher end

So excuse me for never heard SSA before and wanting more education on what I am potentially going to buy.

I'll quote your entire OP, pointing out the issues that gave rise to the responses in this thread:

>I love the look of the SSA subwoofers but I wonder....

Why are they priced the way they are?

I don't doubt the pricing but I want to know what it is about them that makes them worth it?

Please try to be specific/technical in your answer. Thanks!

See where the problem is now? You asked about pricing, then followed that up by talking about pricing and asking what makes them worth it.

Apparently you don't even understand your own questions, or aren't articulate enough to actually ask what you want to ask.

We were answering exactly what you asked. You asked about why they are priced were they are, we told you why.  Produced in small quantities in the USA is a big factor in their cost. 

Next time ask the question you actually want answered.

I understand, Thank you.

For example:

Dude, stop being a moron.

Using military boards and being .5ohm stable was a marketing decision. Unrelated to final price.

Neo magnets add NO VALUE to a subwoofer. Sure some cost, but it doesn't make anything worth anything.

If you want education on why it is a great woofer, fine, but relating it to what they set as their selling price is fucking moronic.

For example:

Dude, stop being a moron.

Using military boards and being .5ohm stable was a marketing decision. Unrelated to final price.

Neo magnets add NO VALUE to a subwoofer. Sure some cost, but it doesn't make anything worth anything.

If you want education on why it is a great woofer, fine, but relating it to what they set as their selling price is pucking moronic.

annnnddddd here is a noob picking on my examples after i said they were just examples and try not to argue them, you sir are an offtopic mess.  go back to spamming ihop.

frickin rich guys put your mobile devices down, not everyone on this forum is like you.

lol

Edited by sweendog

Truconcept v.2.

PHd in douchebaggery.

thats what i was thinking,  seems how he was not IP banned  i was thinking he just started a new account changed some facts and boom. back to getting the attention his momma never gave him

^this

Many of the SSA subwoofer look totally bad ass, is the basket some kind of special design that is optimal for the cooling needed to produce SQ bass for hours on end? 

It looks like the cone is out farther than most subs, does this result in a tighter response?

I like the evil too but if someone wanted direct leads, would this be possible in the factory?

So many of the con series look to be efficient but I suppose it all depends on your size limits.  What is the cone made of anyway?  I like aluminum cones but I have never heard carbon fiber.

Oh and sorry Alton, I just appreciate your posts as they are always helpful.

Still trolling?

Trolls gonna troll as long as they are fed

the invisible force field around the sub is what produces SQ bass for hours on end.. fyi

Trolls gonna troll as long as they are fed

lol 

the invisible force field around the sub is what produces SQ bass for hours on end.. fyi

It uses the Force!

Let the force be with you!

Don't feed the trolls!! aw-.gif