can anyone recommend me a decent budget amp for an xcon? I've been getting a lot of tickets I don't have money for a sundown right now.. any feedback is appreciated.

Audiopipe is the first to come to mind.  Lots of people seem to have real good luck with them.

There's Cadence and Massive Audio as well.

its weird you mention it, I was looking at massive audio.

do you know if they do rated

That isn't really a concern when looking at "budget" brands, honestly.  Between the inherent losses suffered by all systems you'll almost never see full rated power from any amplifier.  The best question to ask is if they produce a clean signal and are reliable enough to do so until you can afford something better.  In the case of those three brands, I don't see why not.

Hifonics?? I use a BRZ1200.1D for my BL. Seems to get the job done...

I was looking at hifonics but brz are discontinued.. now its brx which are nice but those light up terminals are too much lol

do you know if they do rated

None of the brands you're looking at are going to be over rated enough to make an audible difference.  Likewise none of the amps people brag about being under rated are under rated enough to make an audible difference.

Reliability, features, size and possibly efficiency are about the only things you really need to concern yourself with when amp shopping.

look into the precision power ppi black ice series, they seem to be doing well. Also look at woofersetc.com, that's where I got my Cadence from.

look into the precision power ppi black ice series, they seem to be doing well. Also look at woofersetc.com, that's where I got my Cadence from.

My bk amps have treated me very well.

My bk amps have treated me very well.

That's what made me bring them up, plus I plan on grabbing a 800.4 for the front stage.

dang you guys.. thanks for the help

For what its worth I have been satisfied with my audioque

which one do you have??

For what its worth I have been satisfied with my audioque

Same here.  I have the 1200d.

Aq x3 here. Had both 1200 and currently using 2200. Very good amps

i have the ppi bk1300 on a ssd15. i mean i really like it alot. and i would reccomend it. i got it on ebay for like 170 or something like that too.

Maybe PPI has changed, I don't know. But I'd rather use a PPI than an Audiopipe.

Get the cheapest !!!

i have a xcon 12 running off a audiopipe 1800 watt mono block and i have no issues at all. the amp only costed about 175 dollars from ebay

i have a xcon 12 running off a audiopipe 1800 watt mono block and i have no issues at all. the amp only costed about 175 dollars from ebay

Its probably only doing 1200-1500 watts since they are slightly overrated. Not bad considering the price you pay for them though.

i used to have an re audio dts 1500.1 i picked up used for 120. A very solid amp for the price and I used to push my old type Rs with it at 1ohm with no issues (had for about a year). Also had a 500/1 i bought for 170, a refurb at some audio shop, much more precise than the dts amplifier and underated. I recommend it to anyone as its a great amplifier to start with (no need to upgrade electrical) and can still get pretty loud if setup correctly.

I'll be using the Nakamichi PA-1500 with my XCON 12 D1 when it gets here.

I would say the same look at audioque or soundqubed as there known by now. Also look at sonic electronix.com I just got a Rockford fosgate r1200-d from there for like 230 shipped

i agree audioque is proven and reliable . i ran the 2200 and 3500.1 both amps take .5 daily and are tanks

Edited by caloriu