frogcase2002

2 12" zcons 4-6k trunk wall

How do you know it is the rca cable that is faulting? Do you check them with a dvm?

No but when one side goes out ill switch them around and it will just be one side not working..... not sure about the sound. . When there would be weird sound coming through lets say on my tweeters if I faded them out on my eq there would be a staticy/poping sound still... but then I unhook the rca and it goes away......... then ill get a new set of rca's and it will be cool for a little bit...... I have been working in my trunk a while and unhooking and hooking them up alot

How do you know it is the rca cable that is faulting? Do you check them with a dvm?

No but when one side goes out ill switch them around and it will just be one side not working..... not sure about the sound. . When there would be weird sound coming through lets say on my tweeters if I faded them out on my eq there would be a staticy/poping sound still... but then I unhook the rca and it goes away......... then ill get a new set of rca's and it will be cool for a little bit...... I have been working in my trunk a while and unhooking and hooking them up alot

Cant say for sure it is your rca's without checking them. You should have zero resistance from one rca end to the other (neg to neg or pos to pos). Sure it isn't your amp?

Its been happening with a couple amps. I just got the 300/4 and it was happening with my last amp. It seems like its only after I take everything out of the trunk to do some kind of fitting for my new box. . Ill hook everything back up and something will sound funny

weird........  could be your cd player....

weird........ could be your cd player....

I was just thinking that. Cause It has taken a beating lol. With my last setup when the bass would hit hard the screen on the Cd player would go in and out alot. Mite go get an "rca to aux" wire and try just hooking my mp3 player up right to my eq and see if that makes any difference. Kinda tight on money so wont be able to get a new Cd player for a little bit.... most of this build has been extra pieces of wood from boxes iv built lol

Edited by frogcase2002

Well subs are ready and box is just about ready to start putting together inside the trunk :)

O and by the way I think it was the amp this time. I think one Chan. Is out on the 300/4. . Tryed moving rca's around and then tryed each Chan on the amp separately and one Chan makes speakers sound funny. Like The the sound of moving around the needle on a record

Lol if you know what I'm sayin

Going to have 6 baffles lol. 4 behind the subs and 2 "flush mount" . So I can have the front of the box pretty much right up against the fold down seats and there wont be a chance on them hitting the seats if the thay happen to be up sometime

All 4 coils reading 1.6 . Bout to go hook up/test the new one I just reconed and make sure everything is cool

Shouldn't worry about deadening if I'm doing a trunk wall right?

It won't be as important to deaden the trunk, but I wouldn't skip deadening/sealing the front doors.

Your trunk will probably still rattle a bit though.

0510130957_zps968455ce.jpg

0509131340_zpscb3f53bf.jpg

downsize_zpsebf24bf7.jpg

:)

It won't be as important to deaden the trunk, but I wouldn't skip deadening/sealing the front doors.

That's already done :) just wasn't sure about the trunk. Figured I wouldn't need to if its going to be sealed off

That's already done :) just wasn't sure about the trunk. Figured I wouldn't need to if its going to be sealed off

Stealing your baffle idea for the camry. Yoink!!

Lol

lookin good,. i wish this was an option for me!

It has me thinking about a new build....even though I still have stuff laying around for my current build.

Could you do maybe a 4th order bandpass ported into your cabin? Or 6th

Could you do maybe a 4th order bandpass ported into your cabin? Or 6th

Nope, that puts you into mod classes if I'm not mistaken.

Well time to build it all In the trunk :) ill try to get some pictures up later.

That's already done smile.png just wasn't sure about the trunk. Figured I wouldn't need to if its going to be sealed off

Stealing your baffle idea for the camry. Yoink!!

yoink128566261268737336.jpg

0514132246_zpse6df5446.jpg

0514132246a_zps7dbf2fa2.jpg

downsize954_zps9196326e.jpg

Looking awesome, tuned in to see this in action.