lol
Yea its forreal crazy how long it took lol
from what I hear its worth the wait
it sure is for the subs. But not for a basket that doesn't need built lol

if u need any help lmk ill stop over

Its CRAZY how long it is taking to get a basket

when did you order it?
Early Feb. Lol

damn I hope I dont have to wait that long.

Probably not. It probably got forgot or something. Don't know if iv even had a sub take this long

Nothing was forgotten, they are just flat out slammed and working 16-17 hour days to get caught up.

when did you order it?
Early Feb. Lol
Probably not. It probably got forgot or something. Don't know if iv even had a sub take this long

Nothing was forgotten, they are just flat out slammed and working 16-17 hour days to get caught up.
have you guys ever considered adding a couple more build houses for times like this? or maybe stocking up and prebuilding some subs before busy season? or maybe offer where you buy all the parts and assemble the sub yourself? lol idk just a thought Edited by ohio45113

when did you order it?
Early Feb. Lol
have you guys ever considered adding a couple more build houses for times like this? or maybe stocking up and prebuilding some subs before busy season? or maybe offer where you buy all the parts and assemble the sub yourself? lol idk just a thought

Buying just the parts to build your self would be cool. Could maybe be cheaper and less time

when did you order it?
Early Feb. Lol
have you guys ever considered adding a couple more build houses for times like this? or maybe stocking up and prebuilding some subs before busy season? or maybe offer where you buy all the parts and assemble the sub yourself? lol idk just a thought

Because our speakers are made to order in the USA, in one location with a pair of engineers that are some of the very best period, we keep our manufacturing with them. 

The issue is, the constantly rising costs of materials and rising costs of building in the USA, the money is not there to grow a larger build house, and the profit is not there, not to mention the undertaking to even attempt that.  What that means, is there is more demand than man power, and less profit than man power to keep up with demand.  So there is no way, in the current situation, unless we raise prices to where they should be in the first place, that we could be stocking or pre-building.  People want top end, premium American made subwoofers for near Chinese made prices.  So something has to give.  Lastly, we are not going to have an assemble yourself subwoofer, new, with the SSA logo on it.  That would be untold amounts of issues for even less profit.  I appreciate the input, but unless people are suddenly willing to pay for what SSA subwoofers are really worth, we do not have the option to have a large stock or expand the build house.

In simple terms:  "Fast, Great, Cheap, pick two." ;)

when did you order it?

Early Feb. Lol

Because our speakers are made to order in the USA, in one location with a pair of engineers that are some of the very best period, we keep our manufacturing with them. 

The issue is, the constantly rising costs of materials and rising costs of building in the USA, the money is not there to grow a larger build house, and the profit is not there, not to mention the undertaking to even attempt that.  What that means, is there is more demand than man power, and less profit than man power to keep up with demand.  So there is no way, in the current situation, unless we raise prices to where they should be in the first place, that we could be stocking or pre-building.  People want top end, premium American made subwoofers for near Chinese made prices.  So something has to give.  Lastly, we are not going to have an assemble yourself subwoofer, new, with the SSA logo on it.  That would be untold amounts of issues for even less profit.  I appreciate the input, but unless people are suddenly willing to pay for what SSA subwoofers are really worth, we do not have the option to have a large stock or expand the build house.

In simple terms:  "Fast, Great, Cheap, pick two."

yeah I was just throwin ideas around.. wasnt tryin to start a battle or anything.. I dont ever see people posting bitching about price.. what I do see is people bitching about waiting so long for something that cost so much usually... ive tried to get a few people I know to order some zcons or evils and they usually say I would but I cant wait that long lol.. then they will turn around and pay retail for something stupid like L7s or some fosgate power series.

Well this is why I needed the recone and basket lol

Its been like that for years and was still pounding. . I just kept jb welding it then it would just keep braking more and more but kept on playing fine. . . . Even went to a 15 zcon then back to using 2 12s still using this same 12 lol. . But finally decided to recone it with this new build

post-21385-0-74823300-1397152294_thumb.j

when did you order it?

Early Feb. Lol

In simple terms:  "Fast, Great, Cheap, pick two."

yeah I was just throwin ideas around.. wasnt tryin to start a battle or anything.. I dont ever see people posting bitching about price.. what I do see is people bitching about waiting so long for something that cost so much usually... ive tried to get a few people I know to order some zcons or evils and they usually say I would but I cant wait that long lol.. then they will turn around and pay retail for something stupid like L7s or some fosgate power series.

There is the perfect example.  People want Fast, Great, and Cheap.  People do complain about the price enough that I can see, too often they say they won't buy SSA because they think it is over priced because they can just order something else that is FAR FAR cheaper to build that they mistakenly think is on the same level.

well im not complaining about the price.. I just cant afford it like some of these others can but im a firm believer in that you get what you pay for... and casey sorry for takin over you build log with this my bad.. and damn that basket has been trough hell and back lol

when did you order it?
Early Feb. Lol

In simple terms:  "Fast, Great, Cheap, pick two." wink.png

I wonder what SSA subs are really worth since the store pricing seems to be undercutting it? Just curious

Here is the old coil. . Was beat on hard for like 3 years lol

post-21385-0-35871900-1397185262_thumb.j

Here is the old coil. . Was beat on hard for like 3 years lol

attachicon.gifsecuredownload-22.jpeg

still looks good bro

Here is the old coil. . Was beat on hard for like 3 years lolattachicon.gifsecuredownload-22.jpeg

still looks good bro

Yea I know lol. The basket was the only thing that was wrong

Cut some wood for the baffles

post-21385-0-00908900-1398803772_thumb.j

did u get another 3500?

Edited by ohio45113

did u get another 3500?

Not yet. Still trying to find another old model

nice can't wait to hear it playing again

Got a little more done today. Trying to get the enclosure built inside the trunk by the weekend

Man its nice being able to feel some mid bass and voices in your chest from the front stage. . Been working a while on it. I still need to train my ears more and figure more about the time alignment

I can understand feeling the midbass but voices in your chest, seems kinda odd. 

I can understand feeling the midbass but voices in your chest, seems kinda odd.

I guess just some of the singing hits frequencies I can Kinda feel. . Mite just be music behind it

The 4 15" enclosure is for sale. And also the subs. . We are doing a wall in dudes suv I built this for so he no longer needs them. . . . Ill have to check but I think its around 14 cubes tuned in the low 30s but the port is removable

I was asked to throw these pics up. Looks awesome if you ask me!! Talented woodworking skills!

00E89746-2B4F-4F0B-A9E0-882C54538AE3_zps

3BA57009-D1BD-40B3-A334-227B7737B25E_zps