oakteg21

fi making a new entry level 300-400rms range sub soon or at all??

I was wondering if fi was thinking of making a new entry level 300-400rms sub to take place the empty space left by the x series?

left by the X? i dont get it.. the X is still a line.....

the SSA Dcon fits your needs

Jon responded with my exact same thoughts.  Fi may not have a driver at that exact RMS rating, but that doesn't mean you can't get great output from the X on three or four hundred watts of power.  If you don't like that idea then I would highly suggest the DCON again.

no doubt,  people get caught up with RMS too much.

It's all in the install.

What does the RMS have to do with anything?

I guess im being misunderstood my question is simple. I have dcons already. Im just wondering if fi will make another sub replacing the x series since x series is now compared to gcons sundown sa skar vvx and those kind of subs level saying like level 2. Now is fi going to build something in comparison to the dcon, sundown e series, skar ivx series and that entry level $100 sub im just curious to know

i would not see why they would, they just redesigned the X ... and FIs not the kinda companty to do somthing just because every one else is doing it.

with that said, maybe they will.. wellhave to wait for nick,

and  the reason i say  maybe, is because they have been working on some new stuff, the sp4  then the team woofer, and  now  the BTL is in the dark who knows!

and they did just get more staff and a bigger joint. ....

Ok thats the response i was looking for bc i like the old x series subs that were 400rms they were cheap and didn't need so much space in a enclosure like the dcons do. Anyways im happy with my dcons but would be nice to get my hands on a sub from fi in the $100 range for my girlfriends fox body mustang

Really hard to make a sub in the states and sell it for 100 bucks...figure your labor, overhead etc. you end up going in the hole.

Preboxed stuff from china..not an issue...but that's a road we don't travel with Fi.

Thanks for keeping up with the forum, things seem much better than they were a few weeks ago.

Ohh just a curiosity i had and wanted to know if there was any thought of it being a possibility

well..look at it like this

if you make a product and you lose money on every one you sell to try to be competitive with imported stuff, you won't be in business long

in short..zero interest in that part of the market, same with 8" stuff..no interest in it, they're way too difficult to build and deal with for very little money to be made.

Ohh ok that makes sense but stil would go with the handmade stuff because i know they are good and reliable and well considered underrated subs i love them. Im actually insearch of the past version of a x series sub either a 10" or 12"

I've got 4 of the old X series 12s ;) Checked about a month ago and they still have parts to recone them.

I guess im being misunderstood my question is simple. I have dcons already. Im just wondering if fi will make another sub replacing the x series since x series is now compared to gcons sundown sa skar vvx and those kind of subs level saying like level 2. Now is fi going to build something in comparison to the dcon, sundown e series, skar ivx series and that entry level $100 sub im just curious to know

just want to clarify one thing real quick. The VVX/IVX are TURDS in comparison. Shouldn't be referenced at all in the same sentence.

just want to clarify one thing real quick. The VVX/IVX are TURDS in comparison. Shouldn't be referenced at all in the same sentence.

Yea i know had to put just put it in there for people to understand the question i was trying to ask.

I've got 4 of the old X series 12s ;) Checked about a month ago and they still have parts to recone them.

Yea to recone them but not to actually make new ones to sell and hard to find used at a decent price.