Sign in to follow this  
Fear Of Theive

different ufo motors?

I bought 2 used UFO motors and they are different motors completely. The one has "cuts" in the side around the slug in the black part and the other is just smooth.plus they seem to be different sizes? I already ordered the single slug recones. Are they OK to use together

Pics?

sounds like one has cooling cuts an the other does not.

That link doesn't work for me, but I think I know what you're asking.

At first the motor was one solid slug. With time I believe Fi was recieving too many issues on ''damage,breaking/chipping etc'' of the magnet due to shipping.

I believe they started using a "pie slug" version to try and cut down on that problem. One large slug is easier to crack than multiple "pie style" slugs together.

They should be fine together, but I'm sure Nick will confirm or correct me if I'm wrong here....

Went to the segmented magnets as mentioned because the 285mm single slugs were way too fragile.

Top plate/magnetic gap size is the same, just a little thickness difference..they'll work fine together.

o i thought you were talking about the cuts in the gap. F me

One is "pie cut" and the other is not. Nick already answered the question but yeah they should work fine together. A friend of mine had one of each in a wall that worked great.

Sign in to follow this