Sign in to follow this  
Phatillusion

First Loss

Well fellas, I suffered my first loss as t-ball coach. I was extremely disappointed in the way my team played. We should have won that game. Our fielding was pitiful, we gave them way too many runs from stupid mistakes (kids not paying attention when ball hit there way, throwing it around the field). We didn't hit very well either. But we were missing 3 of our top 6 hitters. The final score was 18-15. They will pay at practice on Thursday.

Good learning experience.

These kids are still young ... minimum 20 poles at the next practice.

Good learning experience.

These kids are still young ... minimum 20 poles at the next practice.

2 of them will be sitting out 1 inning next game for poor sportsmanship. I tell them right before the game not to say anything at all to the other team. What do they do? One boy keeps telling every player that gets on base that they are sorry. Then right before we line-up to shake hands and say good game, I warn them that the only thing coming out of there mouth is good game, if I hear of anyone spitting on there hand, or saying anything inappropriate, they will sit out next game. Well, one kid must have had some wax in his ears or he wasn't paying attention, so he'll be sitting out, and he's the best hitter on the team.

You coach t-ball? That's awesome. My friend Chris and I helped coach a majors team (9-11 year olds). Our team went 11-9 and finished 3rd in our league. Our team was terrible at the beginning of the season, but it's fun helping the kids learn the game. We started out 0-5 and then won 10 in a row.

I played SS and pitched when I played baseball in high school so the kids really looked up to me for advice. It's always nice being able to show kids how to play baseball correctly, especially when they are impressionable. Playing and coaching baseball are definetly the best experiences I have ever had in my life and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

wow thats a high scoring game!!

anyways yea theyre just kids lol i sucked big time... i had trouble hitting the ball with hte tee haha

I can't believe you guys keep score in T-ball.

When my daughter was in T-ball they didn't keep score, and with every hit they got to run all the bases.

Heck, even now in the lower level softball they still don't keep score.

I can't believe you guys keep score in T-ball.

When my daughter was in T-ball they didn't keep score, and with every hit they got to run all the bases.

Heck, even now in the lower level softball they still don't keep score.

Well it really isn't t-ball because there is no tee to hit off. I just pitch underhand to the kids, and it's boys ages 5-9 and girls ages 5-12. So yeah we keep score. The other team only scored 5 runs and I gave them a lot of breaks. Some of the kids I was giving 5-6 strikes. Our team scored 9 runs in the first inning and 7 in the second inning. Enough to beat the other teams combined score.

Kids these days, man where are they learing some of this chit. I had to pull a kid out of the game for cussing at an umpire . He's 12 years old for christ sakes. Think i'm gonna remove him from the team permanently. There is just no call for that kind of mess :)

Kids these days, man where are they learing some of this chit. I had to pull a kid out of the game for cussing at an umpire . He's 12 years old for christ sakes. Think i'm gonna remove him from the team permanently. There is just no call for that kind of mess :)

He'd be off my team no questions asked. I sat my own kid out 1 inning each game because he would run onto the field and the other time he was playing around in the outfield.

Game time in one hour. Only a few kids showed up to practice on Sunday, so those kids are going to get to pick where they want to play in the field and where they bat in the lineup.

That's good, rewarding those who showed up instead of punishing those who didn't.

You sould like you're fairly rational... I'm impressed :P

Edited by UndercoverPunk