Randal Johnson

Cablguy184's 1949 Ford Tudor Sedan

What deadening are you using? I really hope to see some detailed pics!

What deadening are you using?

We can't speak of that name here ...  

But if ANY deadener Company on this forum can beat thier price and be just as good, I will try them out ...

And I highly doubt that's possible ...

I really hope to see some detailed pics!

Absolutely ...

Sound deadener showdown. AT is shit in comparison and throw in the fact that the owner has no idea how to properly deaden a vehicle. It's a no brainer.

Sound deadener showdown. AT is shit in comparison and throw in the fact that the owner has no idea how to properly deaden a vehicle. It's a no brainer.

No need to bad mouth any products on my build log please ... Like I said (plain and simple), If ANY deadner company can beat their prices and be just as good (AT as you say has gotten me HIGHLY placed in Sound Quality Competitions and helped me when no other company would even talk to me about a sponsorship) ... I WiLL TALK TO THEM ABOUT A SPONSORSHIP AND TRY THEM OUT ...

and like I said ... I highly doubt that's possible.

Besides, I'm the one deadning the vehicle ... Not the owner of any compamy. Whether he can properly deaden a vehicle or not is none of my concern ...

Edited by Cablguy184

Ah, I guess money is the motivation factor. Don's product speaks for itself. He doesn't need to give out deals like other companies so people will use his stuff. As for bad mouthing AT, I think the owner has done enough to ruin his own reputation.

Ah, I guess money is the motivation factor. Don's product speaks for itself. He doesn't need to give out deals like other companies so people will use his stuff. As for bad mouthing AT, I think the owner has done enough to ruin his own reputation.

Ha ... Nice bro.

Just because of you, Don could practically give me a sponsosrship and give me enough deadner to do my car and I would turn him down ... Like you said, products speak for itself and he doesn't need to give out deals and support Car Audio because HE knows what he is doing ...

The deadner in my truck is working JUST AS GOOD as the day I installed it ...

Ha ... Nice bro.

Just because of you, Don could practically give me a sponsosrship and give me enough deadner to do my car and I would turn him down ... Like you said, products speak for itself and he doesn't need to give out deals and support Car Audio because HE knows what he is doing ...

The deadner in my truck is working JUST AS GOOD as the day I installed it ...

and it was crap from day one, so whats your point? Do you mean it hasn't become even worse? Hard to do when it's at the bottom of the list for deadening products. Thanks for the -1's :)

the -1s are there because I asked very nicely not to badmouth any products on my build log and you just took it as an oportunity to tell me what I did not want to read in my build log.

So ... with that being said, If you can talk to Don and have him give me a call about the rest of this years and next years competition season in MECA, IASCA, and USACI and work out a deal, I will switch to Don's products ...

I'm not asking for handouts in any way, but I have ALOT to do to this car and very little budget to play with ... So I have to spend my time and money wisely on this project to have her ready by October ...

Edited by Cablguy184

Plans for this weekend are to get her Alternator (GM 140 amp just like whats on the truck) installed and charging corectly, start pulling out the old wiring harness / wire / and whatever else is involved, see about ordering her new wiring harness, and just basically clean her up and just see what we have to work with ...

I really need to get this wiring harness installed and get some lights working so we can drive her around and really get to work on fabrication, interior, and body work ...

If I get time, I would like to take apart the dash and see what is actually good and what REALLY needs to be replaced or done away with to get this car operational ... The only thing that I know works in the dash is the key switch ... LOL

Well, got my alternator in and charging !!! started with the old wiring harness and got side tracked because I didn't realise it was a holliday weekend and had to spend time with the families !!! No worries though, I had a great Memorial Day weekend !!! Hoping to get back under that old dash in the next day or two !!!

Edelbrock makes a great head and supercharger for the FLATHEAD V8.

Hey man ... I have a question for you ...

I gave some thought about taking a late model (2000 to 2005) suspension / frame / ect. from a Ford Explorer and see about setting the 49's body on top of it and make things work accordingly ...

May happen, may not, and was thinking of finding one with the V8 (Eddie Bower) or something similar ...

I'd like to have your (or anyone else's) thoughts on this matter ... I'd really like to keep a Ford a Ford if possible. The motor and tranny I have is OK for now, but I have my doubts on the front suspension ...

I can't wait to see how this turns out! Tuned in!

I gather the reason for Sean's support for Don's SDS products is due to Don's superior knowledge in the industry, superior product in addition to Sean's personal experience with different deadening products.  Don's material and product costs are higher as he will not settle.  SDS is a small operation with a very efficient set up with low overhead (I would know as we are the same and I have been to SDS HQ).  The SDS system (not just tiles) are more effective then anything else on the market that I know of, and you use far less tiles due to the superior method and application.  It does not serve Don any good to be working price matching deals with lower cost product cutting his already slim margin.

I can't wait to see how this turns out! Tuned in!

Thanks brother !!!

I'm sure there is someone that already makes a chassis for that car instead of dealing with all the BS of making a newer production frame fit.

Okay guys; let the man have his thread and use whatever he wants. It is, after all, his car.

I gather the reason for Sean's support for Don's SDS products is due to Don's superior knowledge in the industry, superior product in addition to Sean's personal experience with different deadening products. Don's material and product costs are higher as he will not settle. SDS is a small operation with a very efficient set up with low overhead (I would know as we are the same and I have been to SDS HQ). The SDS system (not just tiles) are more effective then anything else on the market that I know of, and you use far less tiles due to the superior method and application. It does not serve Don any good to be working price matching deals with lower cost product cutting his already slim margin.

For the record: I already know that Don has a great product ... I already know that SDS is a great company. I've been on this forum long enough to know and understand the SDS credentials.

... And I have NEVER once talked bad about Don and his products so please do not think I have anything against him or his products in any way ... I've seen the product in the car audio field and I really like it.

However ... I would like to be sponsored by the products that go into this car for the next 2 competition seasons. So please forgive me when I go with my sponsors over someone that has no interest in sponsoring my vehicle ...

I'm sure there is someone that already makes a chassis for that car instead of dealing with all the BS of making a newer production frame fit.

I plan to look into this in a lot more detail after October events, but without pulling tires on both vehicles, the guestamation figures with a measuring tape are VERY close ...

And just by looking vaigly under the vehicles, the frames are not that different. But then again might be very difficult to match up when the bodies are off of the frames ...

Okay guys; let the man have his thread and use whatever he wants. It is, after all, his car.

Thank you Sir !!!

Mustang II parts can be had for cheap also.

I see a lot of people using these setups for older, light weight cars ... But do you think they will support the weight of a lead sled ???

I gather the reason for Sean's support for Don's SDS products is due to Don's superior knowledge in the industry, superior product in addition to Sean's personal experience with different deadening products. Don's material and product costs are higher as he will not settle. SDS is a small operation with a very efficient set up with low overhead (I would know as we are the same and I have been to SDS HQ). The SDS system (not just tiles) are more effective then anything else on the market that I know of, and you use far less tiles due to the superior method and application. It does not serve Don any good to be working price matching deals with lower cost product cutting his already slim margin.

For the record: I already know that Don has a great product ... I already know that SDS is a great company. I've been on this forum long enough to know and understand the SDS credentials.

... And I have NEVER once talked bad about Don and his products so please do not think I have anything against him or his products in any way ... I've seen the product in the car audio field and I really like it.

However ... I would like to be sponsored by the products that go into this car for the next 2 competition seasons. So please forgive me when I go with my sponsors over someone that has no interest in sponsoring my vehicle ...

Nothing to forgive or stress about, just explaining why it does not make sense for a small overhead, small margin, top end product and brand to sponsor.  ;)  I would be familiar as to why. :)

I see a lot of people using these setups for older, light weight cars ... But do you think they will support the weight of a lead sled ???

Oh yes.  No issues at all.  You're not that heavy.

Nothing to forgive or stress about, just explaining why it does not make sense for a small overhead, small margin, top end product and brand to sponsor.  wink.png  I would be familiar as to why. smile.png

I understand completely ... Thank you Sir !!!

Oh yes.  No issues at all.  You're not that heavy.
Well then, I will definately look into this !!! Thank you guys !!!

hopefully I can get alot of work done to the inside of the vehicle this weekend. I need to get back to work on my truck Saturday, but should be able to get some work done Friday and Sunday ... Then again, I may just play lazy this weekend ... Who knows

Chat log?

Chat log?

Yea, It would seem that way ...

I don't really have any pics to take ... Not any real updates yet until I get her running correctly.

I'm not going to let her just "set up" while we work on her, but budget is going to make me take my time with her ...

So far, everything posted in this thread is related to this car !!! I love it !! Great discussions, ideas, and thoughts !!! Please, keep them comming guys !!! I will try and get updated pics and vids as soon as possible !!!

Thank you Sound Solutions Audio !!!