Sign in to follow this  
Shogen

Aero Question

Would two 6" aero ports be too much for 1 - 15" Xcon? In June I'm looking to fix suspension AND put the bump back in the Camry...

Porting it and sealing it from the trunk is the plan ... bow would be about 3.9 cubes with two 6" ports tuned around 33hz.... 

will be lower power for a while (500w) and later on thinking of going to something better...

That should be good. Are they flared though? 2 6" was how much I was trying to get for my Zcon 15 but it didn't work.

That should be good. Are they flared though? 2 6" was how much I was trying to get for my Zcon 15 but it didn't work.

yes, I'd flare them..... why wouldn't it work? couldn't get it to fit?

Not too much at all.

Not too much at all.

I know its only about 56" or port area but figured with aero it's more than an 8" port and would be easier to resource actual product for it... 

Not too much at all.

I know its only about 56" or port area but figured with aero it's more than an 8" port and would be easier to resource actual product for it... 

It should work just fine. Why not a slot port though?

Not too much at all.

It should work just fine. Why not a slot port though?

when looking at sealing it from the trunk ... I kinda liked frog's idea in his build where he made a baffle that fit exactly to the trunk opening to the cabin.... if I did that which I want to so I can seal it easier then I couldn't make a slot so easily... that is the only reason why..... If I do a slot then I would have to make a frame around the box front/face so it can seal off .... seems like a bit more work that way

I had two 6" aeros on a 15 Fi BL and was doing really well.  Even hit a 146 at the headrest with it.

my main reason for sealing is 1. to get more sound into the car... and 2. so that I can throw shyt in my trunk without harming the subwoofer itself while it's pounding