no_username

Subs just stopped working.

Not sure how it fully happened went to work they were working came home they were not. So i checked the 3 30size fuses in my amp they were all good. I chcecked my remote turn on wires good. All wires all plugged into amp correctly

I have an Audioque 750amp and the 2 dcon 10". Pleas help, any more info needed just ask! Im looking for a way to test my amp and subs possibly with a multimeter or a 9v battery. Any tricks thanks

ugh!!!

Do you have a dmm? On the amp, what lights come on?

i dont have that tool unfortantaly :( ok my amp theres 2 lights the power light and some light called PRO? anyhow the power light comes on but the pro doesnt

Pro would be protection.  Thats a good thing it isnt on.  The subs may have blown if everything seems to be working fine.

Take a 9v volt and pop test the subs. Are you certain that the wires going from the subs to the amp haven't been disconnected?

Ima be majorly pissed if they blew. I listened at the same lvl as i always do!!!

whats the 9v battery test to see if they pop, how do i go about doing that?

simplest way to test the sub is wt a dmm or take the pos and neg from the sub and touch them to the pos neg on the amp.

The sub should push upward since its dc.

or to test amp get another speaker and hook it up

Take a 9v volt and pop test the subs. Are you certain that the wires going from the subs to the amp haven't been disconnected?

Positive m8, triple checked. Will quadra check this weekend when i dont have to work

Take a 9v volt and pop test the subs.

i like the 12v test bettermamoru-tehe.gif

Take a 9v volt and pop test the subs.

God damnit now i have to take this shit all apart and figure out how to rewire the son of a gun!! but thanks for the vid guess ill be busy this weekend -_-

just unhook it from your amp? those are the same wires connected to r sub, just use those

just unhook it from your amp? those are the same wires connected to r sub, just use those

So since i have them wired to eachother in my box will the 9v test make them both pop?

Edited by nousername

So since i have them wired to eachother in my box will the 9v test make them both pop?

yes

yes

So taking the 2 main lines from my amp will let me not have to test the + and - terminals separately?

check all power wires and grounds and your connections from your subs to your amp. most likely they would grind or sound like hell if they are blown.

Well i did the 9v battery test and subs did not move. After work im going to pull them out for a more thorugh inspection to make sure all wires all connected. And read ohms while im at it

Do these have a warrenty on them?

If they blew or anything happened like that and they were already working im sure they wouldn't cover it in the warranty. They would consider it user error.

User error is not covered in the warranty.

Well i did the 9v battery test and subs did not move. After work im going to pull them out for a more thorugh inspection to make sure all wires all connected. And read ohms while im at it

Do these have a warrenty on them?

So you havnt pulled the subs out yet? How do you know its not just a wire loose inside the enclosure?

I bet a wire came lose.

Yup a wire came loose. The one that connect my sub to the box terminals. Is there anyway i can get that female socket attached to my speaker wire to stay put on the male piece of metal?

I hope you understand what i mean lol

Crimp it down a little tighter or solder it.