Sign in to follow this  
tburt915

Box help for two 12in FI Qs

I need a box design for 2 12in fi qs with max diminsions of 30W x 17H x any depth. Preferably with the port in the middle. Thanks.

I have a sundown saz1500 powering a 12in fully loaded bl. But im getting two of the old fi qs that were 1000 rms

those woofers are gonna want more power I run the old qs on 3k your gonna end up turning the gain up to much and killing them... what kind of electrical system do you have? if you have one I would consider dropping that amp to .5 ohm

The old Qs are only 1000rms though and my amp benched at 1915rms at 1 ohm so couldnt i give each Q about 900 rms?

Didnt Alton just spend a bunch of time designing a box for something else you wanted? Now you just say "I need this". lmao

Sounds like you dont have a clue what you want and are wasting peoples time. 

Didnt Alton just spend a bunch of time designing a box for something else you wanted? Now you just say "I need this". lmao

Sounds like you dont have a clue what you want and are wasting peoples time. 

That's what I was thinking. And demanding too!

those woofers are gonna want more power I run the old qs on 3k your gonna end up turning the gain up to much and killing them... what kind of electrical system do you have? if you have one I would consider dropping that amp to .5 ohm

No! Horrible advice. But ummm nice of you to try

its not horrible advice if you know what your doing ^^^ ive ran my qs for years and never had any problems

If he knew what he was doing he would know he would not have to give the subs rather power or even over power them to make them loud.

Edited by Bassink

that is tru^^^ but you know what happens when he put little power to them and wants it to be louder the volume knob and gain go up therefore nuking a sub

Yea but that's usually when your box is shit and makes the system not as loud as it could be so all in all if he has a well built box with it being designed right and with around 2k he should be good.

that is tru^^^ but you know what happens when he put little power to them and wants it to be louder the volume knob and gain go up therefore nuking a sub

Too much power will kill a sub way before clipping a sub ran off small power will.  

This box is for my brother who has the same car as me. Alton's design for my one 12 in bl is for my car but I havent built it yet

the old qs will handle more then a 1000w especially when put into the correct enclosure

I would run them on more power but my brother can afford to upgrade his alternator yet so they will probably each be givin 900rms

I have all stock electrical with an upgraded batt in the front and a shruiken in the back and I only drop to about 13.8 volts when playing music so I would assume my brother wouldn't need a new alternator

Edited by tburt915

Sign in to follow this