Sign in to follow this  
chainsaw

digital converter box

i was at work last month and what did I find in a junk drawer? A brand new digital converter box. I asked my boss what was the story with it. He told me that he and a coworker had bought it cheap in 2009 to use with a tv in the pharmacy and that I could have it. Win. I'm putting the box in my center console and buy an antenna to mount either on the back deck or near the front glass by the front defroster. anybody used one of theses in a car or RV while moving? I hear reception is crystal when parked and choppy like satellite  during a storm while in motion, Thoughts?

Yeah watching while vehicle is in motion might be a problem.

You would need an ATSC-M/H tuner, which was designed for mobile viewing...stations broadcasting in M/H are few and far between.

http://www.mdtvsignalmap.com/

Yeah watching while vehicle is in motion might be a problem.

You would need an ATSC-M/H tuner, which was designed for mobile viewing...stations broadcasting in M/H are few and far between.

http://www.mdtvsignalmap.com/

So it would be ok for catching the local news in the parking lot on my lunch break, bit not for much else? Oh well, it was free and might be fun to hook up

While I have heard of people watching standard ATSC while moving (granted not a stable signal) I think a lot would depend on station location, line of site, antenna location in the vehicle etc. but couldn't hurt to try.

But yeah, Parkin lot pimpin for sure!

Edited by crackinhedz