Budah93

Durango Rattle Control

I have a 99 durango with the overhead console that has the sunglasses holder and it rattles like crazy on the high notes. I was wondering if any of you guys have any suggestions on how to tackle this problem. Thanks

Talk to Don at sounddeadenershowdown.com he really knows his shit and would be able to tell you what is the best approach and what you should use. He will make sure you do not buy more that you actually need.

Well you wanna isolate the pieces of plastic from each other. Almost positive using ccf in.between the plastics will create a barrier so the pieces won't vibrate against each other...

I don't think there is enough room to put anything bigger than like some paper between the plastic.

Then get some really thin foam. Can be open cell, closed cell, rubber, doesn't matter. Perhaps some butyl rope would fit. Anything soft that you can fit in between is golden.

My rear deck had a bad rattle, the solution was a folded up sock wedged in between two pieces of metal. I have a TON of money invested in deadening but that damn sock worked perfectly in that spot. Isolate the noise by muting your front stage and shove something in between.

To go off another suggestion, window insulation foam (not even 1/4 inch thick) worked wonders for me in many areas. Might want to try that too. Works well and cheap.

J

Any thick or small foam works wonders! I used refrigerator filters before found laying around stuff does wonders!

Edited by Dictator