i was looking to see if anyone in the orange county area had a dd1 that i could use really quick to set my buddies gains. we could bring some beers out for the hassle. i was hoping to get it done some time next weekend or whenever is best for the owner of the dd1

thanks!

sigh.gif

Not a lot of the people around here are fans of the DD1, so expect to get a few negative comments :P just letting you know.

Not a lot of the people around here are fans of the DD1, so expect to get a few negative comments tongue.png just letting you know.

yeah i figured it was coming but maybe someone can PM me if they have one smile.png

edit: why arent people fans just curious? you can find out your stereos max volume without distortion and set your gains quick. hes going to be running alot of power so we'd like to make sure its getting clean power. i figure we'll tune it on a 0 db track and back it off a hair extra

Edited by gt58

Save your beers, you don't need it to set a gain.  Waste of time.

brx2400 on a sa12? like to make sure gains are set right for burps. last thing wanted is clipping/distortion

brx2400 on a sa12? like to make sure gains are set right for burps. last thing wanted is clipping/distortion

Everyone is going to say set it by ear.

I don't know a lot about the DD1 to say much about it, But I'd listen to Impious.

Clipping and distortion does not blow a speaker.  Too much power does.  

Clipping and distortion does not blow a speaker.  Too much power does.  

this

I certainly does not.  bcae1 has not (or anyone else has published on the web) objectively tested actual driver failure like I have to back this up.

I certainly does not.  bcae1 has not (or anyone else has published on the web) objectively tested actual driver failure like I have to back this up.

gonna be interesting setting the gains by ear when the sa is wangin up in the 2k rms range lol

gonna be interesting setting the gains by ear when the sa is wangin up in the 2k rms range lol

Why? It is fairly easy to hear, see, and smell when a sub is being over driven.

obviously the sa cant take 2400 daily so its gonna be interesting.

:Doh:

I guess there are people dumb enough to waste money on useless things like the Dd-1 in the oc

I guess there are people dumb enough to waste money on useless things like the Dd-1 in the oc

how would you go about finding your stereos max undistorted volume? you have an o-scope lying around?

how would you go about finding your stereos max undistorted volume? you have an o-scope lying around?

It's impossible to do with music. It's dynamic. All music is different therefor all setting would be different for every song played.

Besides speakers are rated at 10% distortion and subwoofers are rated at 20% distortion. Which means you can play a subwoofer up to 20% distortion and it not be audible. So tuning an amp for no distortion is worthless.

Maybe he should get a AD-1 to use with the dd-1.

There's a guy locally hear on craigslist that charges 20 bucks to use his smdd1 or w/e. You know us musicians have been using our ears to tune for distortion( and tonal quality) and its worked for the past 400 years!

There's a guy locally hear on craigslist that charges 20 bucks to use his smdd1 or w/e. You know us musicians have been using our ears to tune for distortion( and tonal quality) and its worked for the past 400 years!

A dmm would do the same thing. He should have one of those!

Okk first of all that sub doesn't need over 1000 really. If its a dual 2 sa then just wire it to 4 ohms so you don't blow it and then come back here complaining that it blew

Okk first of all that sub doesn't need over 1000 really. If its a dual 2 sa then just wire it to 4 ohms so you don't blow it and then come back here complaining that it blew

He is talking about burping it. So I assume he is competing with a burp. you could never run it daily on 2,000 wrms. 

He is talking about burping it. So I assume he is competing with a burp. you could never run it daily on 2,000 wrms. 

Gotcha, I though he was saying that he wanted it to run it that much but with a clean signal.